don't they get on your tits

massive

Reaction score
went fishing yesterday got there 5am things started well catching carp up to about 10 am when these two yobs in there early 20s turned up started fishing five pegs away around a corner, me i carried on catching fish did'nt think anything of it when line with floats attached started flying right over where i was fishing right across my lines thinking they made a mistake i told them politly that i was fishing there and that they had crossed my lines there reply was "so what are you going to do about it" it was'nt just me the people fishing either side of me got the same treatment, it was reported to the bailiff when he came round and to be fair he is an elderly gent who would'nt say boo to a goose. Eventually they ended up with the lake to them self because everybody had had enough don't it just get on your tits.

T

The Monk

I`m not so sure your elderly gent should be bailiffing the lake, really you need a rotweiller like Baz to sort things out.

N

nick hodgkinson

massive

given that the bailiff is an old guy - surely unfair to expect him to sort out this sort of thing?

why did you not contact the fishery owner/club??

or sort it out yourself with the assistance of the other aggrieved anglers??

thats the problem today - moan on forums but do feck all about it on the bank!

so the problem element will carry on in the same vein with the next poor group of anglers?

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Half an house brick out of thin air landing in their swim everytime they fish soon sorts them out mate.

Or ask them if they are long stay anglers.
If they say no why? what the ..... it got to do with you.
Tell them you are now cos some evil sod has let all your tyres down.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
I had a slightly different experience yesterday on a normally very quiet water near Whitchurch, hastled by a 14 year old schoolboy in the care of two Social workers(doesn't bother me mate I'm getting paid to be here!) from Congleton. One fished after a fashion, the other just sneezed with Hay fever. After taking the time to try and help this kid and plumb up for him and set his rig correctly, he then planted himself next to me and did his level best to ruin my fishing, and even managed to stand on my carbon landing net pole on one of his many walking jaunts around the water. Supervison? None whatsover. Me, I'd give the social workers an ASBO. The kid probably knows no better. In the end I packed up and went earlier than planned. And talk about Walter Mitty. The kid got quite stroppy at one stage when I refused to believe his mate had caught a 12lbs roach from Moreton Pools at Congeleton. Why do I always attract them?

T

The Monk

what you should have done was smack the little bast**rd over the napper with the bivvy mallet, knocking him unconsience in one foul strike, and then apologise to the social worker telling him, oh deary me, the kid got too close, still accidents happen and maybe he should have been paying more attention to the job he was doing anyway!

massive

Reaction score
Nick i don't know about you but i go fishing for the piece and quite and to get away from all the violence that you see every day, like i said i warned the blokes they were crossing other anglers lines and they could'nt give a toss so i'm not the sort of bloke who resorts to violence every time somebody rubs me up the wrong way.

besides that i'm that unlucky i would have been banned for life if i had started anything.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Why didn't you believe him about the roach Peter ???

Moreton Pools is noted for big roach .....

:)

T

The Monk

Nick i don't know about you but i go fishing for the piece and quite and to get away from all the violence that you see every day, like i said i warned the blokes they were crossing other anglers lines and they could'nt give a toss so i'm not the sort of bloke who resorts to violence every time somebody rubs me up the wrong way

your quite right in what you say of course, but some times its unavoidable, unfortunately violence is all people like that understand

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"thats the problem today - moan on forums but do feck all about it on the bank!"

Nick, that's a bit strong mate!
When was the last time you fronted up to two ass holes ruining your fishing???

Massive, contact the club and tell them what happened and tell them the old boy (bailiff) aint up to it.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
How come nobody mentioned Moreton Pools when I had a thread about big NW roach a few weeks ago? Some people on this site are being subversive and overtly secretive. Perhaps Moreton Pools is a clever pseudonym for Cottingham . Maybe the boy was retiscent to give me the correct venue in case it upset the local specimen group and was being paid to spread the rumour by the owners of Moreton Pool. What a cheap and dastardly ruse.

N

nick hodgkinson

sorry steve if it appears a bit strong but to my mind the sort of behaviour mentioned is not acceptable

and how many people come on forums and complain but don't try and tackle the problem at source

i'm not advocating violence - but if a few anglers had stood up to these guys i'm sure they would have seen the error of their ways!

as for fronting assholes who try and ruin my fishing - i stand up against them all the time - and on the carp 'circuit' that can almost be a daily occurance!!

btw MR MONK - are you by any chance the guy who used to run the Middleton carp group?? - if so we may have met many moons ago!

T

The Monk

Nick, that's a bit strong mate!
When was the last time you fronted up to two ass holes ruining your fishing???

About 5 years ago mate, probably fortunately for me they backed down

T

The Monk

HI Nick, yes I am still run it mate, its called the Manchester Carp Group these these days and only survives as a group of very old friends, we`ve been going since 1976, a great pleasure to speak to you Nick, do you live in my area mate?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nick H, I agree with you, but you never know which way it will go, especially if you are on your own.
Times have changed Nick, if I was on my own and it happened, I would probably pack up, go home and report it.

If my mates were with me, hmmmm?
Free swimming lessons would be handed out!

T

The Monk

if I was on my own and it happened, I would probably pack up, go home and report it,

to the lads who would be down within the hour complete with baseball bats and a really bad attitude

T

The Monk

no seriously you have to be careful these days, a few years ago one of the lads on a south manchester water was dragged out of his bivvy in the middle of the night and had half his hand hacket off with an axe

N

nick hodgkinson

Mr Monk - those were the days eh? - seem to recall you upset pete mohan? - mind you i think we all did!

at the time i was ro for the CAA east midlands

i was notts based at the time (and am again now)

at the time Tim Paisley (Matt Black!!) and I were fishing Roman Lakes

btw sorry folks for taking the thread off at a tangent!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Your right Monk, you never know what reaction you will get.

Would I be allowed to "Phone a friend" before I'd packed up?

N

nick hodgkinson

sorry Steve for being a bit glib with my reply

its the usual scenario of being between a rock and a hard place

BUT if these fecking idiots are not stopped in their tracks the matter will only escalate further until somebody gets seriously injured/killed!

i just wish that fishery owners/clubs took this type of occurance more seriously and could look beyond the 'simple' financial objectives!