What about

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I've thought about this a lot, ever since spending two nights at the famous "Bunkhouse" at the Black Bull in Ribchester.

Let's face it, we all love to travel and fish lots of different waters in the course of a year. The problem is not the cost of travelling, especially if you have a car like mine, it is the cost of spending a night near the river, or whatever sort of water takes your fancy.

With this in mind I propose that some enterprising person set up a chain of doss houses for anglers throughout the country. Let's face it, we don't need much, just a place to drop our bedchairs and a decent breakfast in the morning. Those who want a shower or a bath are being just a little oversensitive in my view, and anyway, soap is not a great flavour on maggots, casters or boilies.

These doss houses need cost no more than ?3 a night. On arrival, you pay your money and give a deposit of say 50p on your thunder bucket. Corkage on alcoholic drinks brought by the patron is 1p per bottle, can or carton.

You will be required to slop-out by 5-30 am each morning. Then you will present yourself for breakfast which will consist of a thick gruel from a massive pot, served by an equally massive Ruffe Slapper who will keep you all in order. Further services by the Ruffe Slapper will be avaiable to order on request.

The qualification to spend a night in an angler's doss house will be production of a fishing licence.

What do all of you think? Personally I think this is a great idea.

R

Heyup Bob,

They are 15 times more than I am prepared to pay!

Disco stu

Reaction score
I stopped with a lady friend at one of those Swallow hotels once, Trade Description Act sprang to mind the next morning.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Anybody fishing the Cheshire area would be most welcome to doss down in my shed.
It hasn't got a veranda like Woodys place. But it does have a ditch running at the back of it, full of sticklebacks.

Don't all rush at once now all y'all.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
i`ve dossed down in some nice hedgerows in my time and building sites as well,after a good skinfull of ale.
i woke up on a pile of fence panels on a building site just outside clacton once....the thing is though my mates had kindly dumped me there after a good session in the local pubs and buggered off back to the b&b we were staying in.
i can also reccomend a comfy bus shelter along the sea front at scarborough.

I

Ian Cloke

A hostel is what you want Ron, instead of a hostelery!!!

R

I realise that Ian, but I think I might be taking the place of a poor old meths drinker.

Maybe The Monk can help out. He has vast experience of staying in places throughout Britain with out paying owt.

njb51

Reaction score
Phone boxes are quite good, though you do have to sleep while standing........apparently.........so i've heard. :|

T

The Monk

loads of places Ron, from mountain boffy`s, bivvy bag in the hedge, the YHA, Youth Hostel Association, camping site and camping Barns and ruffe slapper accommodation (ones which you can pick up in the pub the night before)

have you ever gone to bed with a ruffe women?

No but I`ve woke up with a few!!