River Ribble

ayelad

Reaction score
Hi new to the forum. Went to the River Ribble last week (Ribchester) to have a look. Planning to fish the stretch above the bridge come June onwards. Has anybody fished this stretch before? I would be interested to know what size of fish to expect? The Ribble's a bigger river than the rivers I fish in Yorkshire so it looks like I'll have to beef up the tackle a little. Also I like to use bollies. Can anyone recommend a good bollie? I used trigger, dynamite spicy red fish and halibut and these all work. Thanks Ayelad

Paul Morley

Reaction score
That sounds like the day ticket stretch. Yes you'll need strong gear and I suggest some form of rotten bottom for snags. There is endless info on BFW about the Ribble that no-one need duplicate. Boilies, well if it's getting fished a lot you may want to go to 10mm, any flavour, I used source to great effect. You'll catch your Barbel, usually just as the light fades it comes alive.

lennythegreen

Reaction score
halibut seems the winner thier mate, crush some boilies up to little bits and feed that whilst fishing a halibut pellet, 14mm-12mm, over it on a hair rig !

gonebreaming

Reaction score
The stretch you mean is indeed Dewhjurst farm. Simply park at the farm and put money and envolope through door . The upstream limit is the stream which is bridged on Warrington AA side .
Tight lines, gone breaming

ayelad

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. Didn't know it was called Dewhurst farm. I find hallibut pellet works well also. Anybody use bankside D-liver boilles? wondered if they were any good. I 'll look on BFW for more info. Looking forward to the new season.....cheers Ayelad

bangme33

Reaction score
hey welcome
ive fished that stretch a few times before. not had alot out tho, a few trout and the odd bits,but u can also fish the other side after the bridge, go to the spar shop in the villiage and get ya ticket there

darren rosie

Reaction score
ive fished this stretch since february 2009 and have had good catches of medium sized barbel,chub an odd dace thats eyes were bigger than its belly and plenty of trout. Its quite peggy so a bit of trial and error is needed. Good luck