summer sentiments

nicky

Reaction score
Mark

What a brilliant article, just read it on my dinner break and feeled chilled out already, you must be the most relaxed copper about, not like those stearn, serious characters you usually come across!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Mark,

Jusr read your latest article prior to leaving for the day - you really have put some ideas into my head for the coming weekends - things I had all but forgotten, or more accurately things that get crowded out by the rigors of the average day in the office and weekly commute back home.

Thank you for sharing, again.

Reaction score
Absolutely sublime Mark,

Summer really is the time to muse on the beauty of being alive and to appreciate the infinite wonder of nature...

And if you manage to do that whilst fishing, I reckon you've got this life thing sorted.

Nice one :)

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Excellent!

THE STORM... A few years ago I got drenched (drowned really) when I stood out in a huge summer storm. I really did think "how insignificant we all are in the big scheme of things". That daylight storm was an amazing experience, almost religious (I'm in no way religious).

CHILDHOOD MEMORIES... I haven't done this for a while. Used to, and I'm bloody well going to do again soon. Thanks. (I too used to find myself getting competitive and in match mode - not good).

THE DARKNESS...My old job as a licencee allowed me to fish early and late. Brilliant, summer evenings and dawns cannot be beaten.

J

john conway

Excellent read Mark, there's something primeval in the pleasure of sheltering from a thunder storm. Things that go bump in the night, on your own at midnight on a water with a history is, let's say another one of those primeval experience?????????

Jim Bowdrey

Reaction score
brilliant article Mark, same sentiments as John. Ever since I was a kid I,ve found thunder storms fascinating and when I was first married we lived in a big old house in Berkhamsted that was supposed to have the ghost of a cat in it, my wife said she sensed a cat in the house a couple of times when I was out late

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Mark, that's one of the best fishing articles I've read in a long, long time.
As the old saying goes "Stop along the way and smell the roses", something the pursuit of that specimen fish often makes us forget to do.

Gnasher

Reaction score
smell of sulphur? sure you're not overdoing the game pie and indian snacks?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

This article reminds me of a recent trip to the fens, where me and John catch wild fish in a fenland drain that never sees an angler from one month to the next.

I also spent a day with Yoggy on the Nene and found a nice little weirpool with a few chub in it. Nothing massive of course but the essence of the summer weirpool was there.

I also caught a few nice roach. I wish I had taken my roach tackle.

stephen baines 2

Reaction score
Just reading this article makes me smell that special weirpool smell, crushed watermint, damp earth after rain and some stinky old dog fox..Top class writing my son. I`m off fishing. Right now!