Tackle shop closures........

E

EC

I've never had an angling 'mega store' in close proximity to where I live, mainly small shops that appear and then dissappear within a few years, only 1 tackle shop has really stood the test of time that has been there for 25 years or so, having changed hands 3 times in that time!

What is the situation elsewhere round the country, any of the big players gone bust or is it all small local shops?

S

Scott Whatmore

I consider myself very lucky, I live in Ickenham, Middlesex and have 4 decent sized shops within 5 mins drive.

All of them have been around for yonks.

S

Sean Meeghan

Same here. One new guy started up last year but soon went under as he couldn't offer anything different from the other shops in the area.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I've now got 3 within a 10 minute drive from me plus at least 3 others around Derby. I don't know how they all manage.

I thought one, 'Anglers Corner' had closed but it's re-opened after a re-fit so must be doing better than I think.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Count your blessings Paul ;-)

My nearest tackle shop is now 15 miles away having moved from Wilton to Witherington Farm in Downton. The only other one I use is in Ringwood and that is now nearer to 30 miles away.

These two shops have provided virtually all of my rods, reels, tackle and bait for years and I'll keep on using them as long as they are there - which I hope will be many years to come.