CLA Game Fair - Broadlands

T

Terry D

Last time I went it cost a small fortune and by the time I got there it was too late to sign up for some of the activities as their lists were full for the day. It ended up being a glorified shopping trip in a country field.

Fred Blake

Reaction score
I am going on the Friday and may be found lurking somewhere among the dusty old tweed-wearing panama hats at the Waterlog stand...

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I'll be there Saturday and if it's any good I'll probably go back on the Sunday as well (wife's away for the whole weekend!).

G

Gravel Gob

Bit on the large side at 500 acres, and a 1000 stands......Waterlog,PAC, ACA..
Meeting up with Merlot, any one else interested?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Went today, bought a few books, DVD's and another rod!

Good conversations with John Wilson and Hugh Miles.

Sat in on a discussion with John Bailey, John Wilson and others. JW has strong views on British Governments (any and all parties!).

JW exhibition of various techniques with centrepin, fly and plugs pretty good despite strong winds and rain.

"Audience With Bernard Cribbins" - very entertaining. Nice converstaion with him as well.

Didn't see/recognise anyone from this site but then I probably wouldn't!

Did see loads of Tweeds etc and God knows how many dogs! The Irish Water Terriers are stunning to look at and brilliant workers.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I knowd you was there Neil cos I sawd your name on Paul Morgan's buyer's list! I failed to find Hugh Miles, John Wilson or Bernard Cribbins so wasn't trying hard enough. I saw John Bailey in passing, spoke to Mark Everard, Mark Lloyd of the ACA "Just join - you know it makes sense" and the fellow in charge of the Fisheries part of the EA - Daffyd Evans??

Spent far too much on some very nice books including "Along Fishermens's Paths" by Mike Winter of Devon who I met.

I also learnt a lot more about the Allcock's "Flick-em, and how to try to get a date on it.

Going back for another explore today.

Fred Blake

Reaction score
I went on Friday. Had a chat with John Wilson - and later saw him berating Evans, Blair et al, which was spot on. Got a copy of 'Along Fisherman's Paths' too, which looks like a good read. Plus, treated myself to a new hat (about time too).

It was very hot!