I'm looking for.........

B

Bob Watson

Some of These little gizmos. I bought them from my mates tackle shop before he closed down and neither of us can remember who makes/distributes them or what they're called :-(

If anyone comes across them could they let me know.

Cheers y'all.

B

Bob Watson

The pic was taken in macro BTW, the swivels are about a size 8.

C

Clive Evans 1

Nick, they do look like they have an interesting 'three-way-action', don't they.

T

The Monk

yes, very much so Clive

I think they call them sleeved or cased swivels Bob, the ideology behind them is to prevent binding from weed and other underwater debris, the one in your photograph looks like a paternoster version to be threaded onto the line

T

The Monk

Interestingly, the name paternoster ("Our Father") has been taken from the first two words of the Lord's Prayer in Latin. A special bead on a rosary indicates that a Pater Noster is to be said, and from there the whole rosary and, what is more, anything resembling a rosary was referred to as paternoster.

B

Bob Watson

Kinell!!

A proper post, asking for genuine help and the Monk treats it like a marriage and f***s it good and proper :)

Nice one Nick ;-)

How's the wife?

B

Bob Watson

I did actually use them as a straight through ledger, and tangles were non-existent, even with 3 and 4 foot hooklengths, thy don't actually do anything more than make your swivel and weight stand out at a 90 degree angle to your mainline but tangles/wraparounds seem to be eliminated.

B

Bob Watson

Smashing thanks Monk.

Thinking about a night on the water tonight, bowling tomorrow!

T

The Monk

looks like a good night Bob, I have two bludi weddings to do today, no rest for a poor old man of the cloth

B

Bob Watson

You should expand a bit Monk, suggest to the bride that more "compromising" shots are in the fashion for the album, garter pics would be my suggested point of bringing the matter up. It could end up being a nice little side line.

T

The Monk

you`d be surprised Bob, mind you a bluddi hate weddings, be glad to get these over today mate, false smile all day, same jokes, same old shit (come on misses or its the last bluddi wedding of hers you`ll get invited to), (right guys all the tall ones to the back and the little fat ones to the front), (right ladies, big smile now, after three I want you all to shout "Kitchen Sink"), (come on luv hurry up, its costing them a bludi fortune this lot), (has Auntie Agnes gone for another squirt?)