SKY BROADBAND

J

john ledger

Just received a letter from Sky offering Sky Broadband.Any ideas and will i have to change my email address which i dont want to

E

EC

Usually John if you decide to go with a new provider you need to enter a new email with them just to register the new account for them to contact you (try and sell you stuff) etc

I recently got NTL and had a new ntl email which never gets used unless I need to make my email public for some reason, eg giving someone off here a contact email as a 1 off, then editing it out 10 mins later!

E

EC

Should also say, you dont have to change your old email either!

J

john ledger

I was just thinking how good a job Sky do with their sports coverage,if their broadband is as good.If i have to change email address i will give it a miss.

E

EC

You won't have to give your old one up John, you'll just get another which will never get used save for registering your account.

How much are they asking per month John?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I think you have to have a BT landline John? Not sure, I had the same letter.

I've got the full wallop with Sky, but Telewest landline. I would like to save some dosh, so I will make some enquiries.

C

Clive Evans 1

John. get sky up on the net and check what your area qualifies for.
The basic 2meg is free apart from the land-line ?11-00.

J

john ledger

Sorry about the delay in replying (i was out last night)
Eddie
This is what Sky are offering when it actually comes to a given area
Base ?40 connection fee Monthly subscription free Download 2mb Monthly usage cap 2gb
Mid ?5 monthly subscript Connect fee ?20 up to 8mb Monthly usage 40gb
Max ?10 month subscript free connect up to 16mb download unlimited usage
Hope that makes sens
Think email address is your name@sky.com
What do you fellows think is it good or will they suddenly shove the price up?
To put it mildly i am pretty u/s on a computer

E

EC

Am not saying NTL is the greatest John, but it hasnt let me down yet, but I pay ?33 a month for broadband, phone (some calls are extra) and digi TV (a basic package not with sport, altho you can pay extra for sky sports etc).

In Feb I was paying the best part of ?90 for the same services mate!

One thing, NTL didnt charge to come out and set up, so thats ?40 saved.

But with Sky you can haggle a bit, tell them you're skint and that you'll go elsewhere, thats what I did, and they give me a subscription for the last 3 months at half price just to keep me.

The same happened with my set top box, when it broke, they had a callout fee, about ?70. I told them to shove it and take it out, and the next thing I am getting a new box fee of charge!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Steve i think you will have to get a BT line in. You need one for the carphone wharehouse deal. They are so backed up with applications its taking 2 months to get on board.

Thinking of contacting NTL and telling thm i am thinking of swapping services. See if i can get a free speed upgrade.

J

john ledger

Just phoned Sky and it will be available around Christmas.
One problem i have with SKY as i told their operator is the fact they do very little for existing customers.
great offrs for new customers naff all for old

J

john ledger

Clive
The basic 2meg which is free like you say,would that be enough for my needs?
I am currently on Pay as you Go BT 1p a min.
Usually on the net about an hour a day some days less other days longer.
Put it this way Clive,i have only just mastered the phone never mind the net

E

EC

"The basic 2meg which is free like you say,would that be enough for my needs?"

Yes John

John try blagging sky saying you have had a change of circumstance and that you need to reduce outgoings! They will almost certainly offer you half price for the next 3 months!

J

john ledger

Cheers Eddie
Yes a good friend of mine whoes marriage broke up pleaded poverty to Sky and they kept her going for another 6months FOC.At the moment i pay around ?36 for Sports entertainment and ?50 per year for Prem Plus to keep the wife happy when i am fishing

alan

Reaction score
Bryan, ntl are increasing the speed of 2 to 4 and 3 to 10 at the moment for free.

they have also removed the useage limits.

E

EC

"and ?50 per year for Prem Plus to keep the wife happy when i am fishing"

Ever so thoughtful of you John!

J

john ledger

Have too Eddie otherwise she would strangle me,believe it or not if a Liverpool side play SUFC she hopes the Liverpool side win.Married 37 years and still dont understand her