Reaction score
As a Commercial?

Only for you and your mates?

Carp only?

Silver fish?

Hire Baz as your Baillif Consultant?

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

None of them. They all exclude one angler or another.
I would run a well ballanced mixed fishery.

T

The Monk

carp sydicate for me, a very expensive one to exclude those without money

T

Terry Comerford

As a commercial but it would have a piece of river with mixed species running through the centre of it.
Three lakes, one specimen, one silvers and one match carp, I wonder which would be the most popular?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I would love the where-with-all to be able to create a lake, and as Terry says, with a river/stream running through the site, and stock it with Tench, Roach, Perch and Crucians with a few Carp just to add a little spice.

The river would hold Gudgeon, Dace, Roach, Chub and Barbel with a few grayling (for those winter days).

It would be free to my invited mates and a limited ticket allocation would also be available but if you need to enquire about the price, you probably can't afford it!

Only a couple of rules:

No Braid
No Bite Alarms

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
I'd ban Baz, for no good reason other than he is a stroppy bailiff, even if he had done nothing wrong.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I would want a gravel pit of at least 50 acres next to a decent river such as the Trent. The pit would be split into smaller lakes called: "The Walton Lake" or "The Cholmondeley Pennel Pond" or "The Walker Mere" (of course). I would run it on a very exclusive basis in order to keep the riff-raff off.

There would be a number of self catering chalets on the place as well as an upmarket bar and restuarant. I would hire someone like Lee Swords or that bloke on telly who uses bad language to run it.

The pit would be exquisitely landscaped. There would be lilies and rushes and absolutely no platforms. The pit would be stocked with tench, rudd, roach and bream. A slightly smaller pit next to it would be stocked with trout - fly only.

People who want to fish this water would not only be carefully screened via Burke's Peerage so that they had the right credentials, they would also recieve a speech check for any regional accents.

Only people who could show at least ?10m in the bank or the same in gilt edged securities would be entertained.

A typical weekend permit on the place would cost ?5,000. A self catering chalet with servant would cost ?15,000 per day.

I would expect the place to be well patronised by the rich and famous.

Any Scousers would be arrested on sight and turfed off.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Neil, me and my mate Neil nearly did.

We were looking at 800k+, we were . this close to doing it.
We are both glad we didn't, it's a long story, but PHEW!

The only rule I would have imposed is friends only!

B

Sorry Neil.
Your fishery wouldn't last six months without the attention of a good bailiff.

Applications in the post

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Your's sounds about right Ron!

When I was gainfully employed by one of the worlds biggest financial institutions, I was "privileged" to play golf as a guest a few times on several acres of prime Surrey real estate.

Their membership (or Associates), restricted to 203 each year including a couple of HRH's, were presented with the "running costs" at the end of the year and "invited to contribute".

Their contribution determined if they were invited to remain an Associate the following year. The waiting list for new Associates was reputed to be approx 25 years!

Perhaps such a "ticketing" arrangement could work on your venue?

B

I'm the best you could get Neil.
Cheap and nasty all the way.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Ron, that golf course also had "Compulsory Caddies" (mine cost me ?50 for the day!)

Will your Utopia provide Ghillies?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"I'm the best you could get Neil.
Cheap and nasty all the way."

But lovely, in a strange way......

Not that I would, or do, of course!

;-)

T

Terry Comerford

Ticket barriers that dispensed a landing net and keepnet to prevent the spread of disease, refund on return.

All day tickets are three hour sessions only to encourage extra effort into learning watercraft/angling skills.
Additional day tickets must be for a different peg.
First session any lake, second session must be on the river.

The bottom of the keepnet is tied with 180 minutes PVA string, so at the three hour mark the string dissolves and the keepnet opens and lets the catch out.

T

Terry Comerford

I did, I called the company Origami, but it folded. The margins were too small.