how to cook hemp

A

adriano wilson

any sugestions on how to cook hemp,very expensive over here in germany,all comes in pre pack tins or plasit bags/i can buy it in bulk from garden shops,any tips most well come many thanks

E

EC

Pre-soak in a sealable bucket with hot water ideally overnight, or longer.

Then wallop the lot in a big pan, open all the windows, as even though you'll love the smell, she wont!

Bring to the boil, then simmer until the white shoot starts to show in the majority of seeds, the time taken for this to happen can vary I've found, depending on the type of seeds, time spent soaking etc.

E

EC

Should also say you can add a bit of bicarb to the pan, or other bits and bobs to enhance flavour if you like.

Do a search of the site articles, I think it was Lee Swords who done some top drawer articles on the topic!

njb51

Reaction score
I've just put some on! Put it in a sealable container and add boiling water, then seal and make sure no air can get in or out. I have found that I can leave it like this for say, 6 hours, then drain the water and add boiling water again and seal for another 6 hours, until most of the seeds have started to split and you can see the white shoots.

Mine have been in the water for about an hour now and some of the seeds have split already.

It's easier than waiting over a boiling pan and the missus won't keep trying to stab you. I like adding a bit of liquid molasses to mine; not too much though.

E

EC

A vacuum flask is another way, but not much use if you want to cook a gallon!

Burco's are popular too!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I soak it for around 3-4 hours, bring it to the boil, add a bag of brown sugar, simmer for around half hour, job done.