Trent massive review

Z

Zi-Zu

Lee,
Great write up mate,wish I could have been there,sounds like everyone had a great time.
Just one query,is that Sean with a suit and tie on?
Cheers,
ChrisP

F

Fred Bonney

Yeh,sorry I couldn't be there Lee,you know why.
Next time though.

C

Chris Bishop

What about the Fen Massive..? Thought Sash and Disco Dave popped along to show you how it's done...

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
The memories will last forever, it was brilliant.
You are completely right Lee, little virtual reality scuffles mean nothing, it seems like a game to some.
The HPS boys and the DVSG boys are really the same, you all love fishing and that's what it's all about and you are all a lovely bunch of blokes.
The welcome we were given at Fiskerton and Collingham was truly astounding and has restored my faith in humanity.
We had a great time at Fisky and yes we were given the best pegs, but that's all I am allowed to say, nudge, nudge, say no more ;-)
Neil and Jeff (little Sis) both caught two barbel each, I couldn't buy a barbel. I did catch seven snotties to 5lb and lost a "something"? on my first cast, fracturing my little finger in the process as I went arse over tit down the bank!
Watch out for those slippery stones after a tide, they are treacherous!

It was a brilliant occasion and we can't wait until next year, by the way, me and Ron talked about roach, S.A wasn't mentioned once!

;-)

J

john conway

What a couple of brilliant days out Lee and thanks for arranging it. Most of the locals, well I assume they were locals, may have grunted a wee bit when they saw so many fishing, but they all stopped for a chat and were very polite and free with advice.
I counted about six of us from the Ribble and we look forward to seeing you all this winter on the Ribble, but you'll have to swap your sunglasses and shorts for Long Johns and woolly hats.
Could I also ask you all to do a rain dance because there precious little water in the Ribble at the moment

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
The fish I listed were caught at Collingham, it wouldn't let me do a double edit?

Yes Chris and without FM it wouldn't have happened.

S

sash

We did Bish, but neither of us could fish the Saturday night so we fished Thursday and Friday night. From memory I think we had about 28 barbel, a dozen bream and a few chubblies between us, Disco caught a tree, I lost a tree, we both got sunburnt etc etc.

L

little sister ( Jeff )

Greet weekend, thanks to Tony and Chris for friday night, its been along time since i had that much fun in the middle of the night with my clothes on, Cheers.

Thanks to Lee for saturday, top day and night, didn't do quite as well as you,but you did get a lot of help from your mate the match angler and his 50kg of bait he fired into your swim.
Cheers Lee
P.S
Send me or steve your address and we send the BLACK RAT up to you.

B

Budgie Burgess

Glad to hear that a good time was had by all.Most dissapointed I couldnt make it (been laid up with food poisoning) but hope you do put on another one.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Zi-Zu, "Just one query, is that Sean with a suit and tie on?"

Yes, that's Sean, the best dressed angler for miles around, deliberately sitting next to Ron to emphasise how neat and smart he looks. And why Ron wears a big hat.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Sean told me he wanted to raise the tone of FM people on the bank.

Unfortunately his nicely polished shoes got a bit dusty and his trousers a bit slimy at a later stage.

S

Sean Meeghan

Yes folks it was me. Someone said it would be best to wear a 2 piece suit. On the up side a good worsted is nice and warm at 3.00 am. On the down side I did get some funny looks on Monday morning. Can't work out if it was the eel slime or the bream slime.

S

Sean Meeghan

The jacket pockets are really useful for holding maggots when float fishing. Had my first blue bottle today! I had 2 hours on the shot locked waggler without any success, but I suppose it wasn't really roach weather.

Reaction score
Lee, can we pin down an Autumn date? You're all making me very jealous ;-)

Work commitments and this bl**dy wedding have limited me to about ten hours this season in short sessions for Barbs on the Teme and Severn.

Gutted to have missed out on the Trent action this year, but on the plus side my mate's wedding was splendid and I found an excellent syndicate lake in the castle grounds...

Late September or October? Colly (my preference) or A1 or (even better) new territory?

P

paul williams 2

Love it Sean!.......years ago when i used to go fishing with "the grown ups" on the working mens charabang a lot of them wore shirt tie and sports jacket!

Good stuff lads!