Fishing Race.............

E

EC

For charity, say ?5 a man, with individuals and teams fishing in their own regions.

1 point per species caught, game, sea or coarse!

Any interest?

E

EC

I wasn't thinking anything too rigorous rules wise lads, something like (and its all open to debate)

Teams of 4 max, with individuals also to fish for 12 or maybe 24 hours.

1point per individual species caught per team.

1 bonus point for the biggest specimen of each species, so the angler who catches the biggest roach of the day, gets 1 point for catching the species and 1 point for the biggest individual fish, therefore 2 points. Every one else who catches a roach gets just 1 point so if only 1 angler catches a particular species, a dogfish for example, he/she gets 2 points.

The winning team/individual is the one with most points.

In the event of a tie, the team with the most species caught is the winner.

If there is still a tie then the fish that is the best specimen, ie is the biggest percentage by weight of the current national (BRFC) record will decide the overall winner!

Something like the above anyway, wouldnt want to make it too rigid rule wise, the idea would be to have different teams around the country taking each other on, on a given day, maybe all fish to be photo'd as proof, what d'ya think?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Sounds OK mate.

So would we have to travel, or fish my local and record the fish and weights?

I've got my team of four sorted.

E

EC

Well in Bazza.

Steve, I was thinking about lads fishing their own region, or wherever is convenient,just to make it a bit more accessible to anyone who wants to join in, you could enter as an individual and/or within a team.

We'd all submit our results by a set day with the winners and losers being named and shamed on FM taking the plaudits and p*** taking that goes with it!

Could be a crack to have a bit of regional competition with teams/individuals from around the country.

There's also the potential for a few grudge matches maybe the AT and AM could field a team as they have people who come onto the site, HPS & DVSG, FM admin crew and so on.

Whatever people want really!

I

Ian Cloke

I'm interested Eddie, especially as it will raise some cash for charity:))

E

EC

Chavender, I was thinking ideally a pic (digi?), for posting on the site, but whatever people want!

It could coincide with NFW, possibly Saturday 26th August could be a reasonable date?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Including sea and coarse together is stretching it a bit don't you think Eddie, I think it might be a bit difficult if you live in the Midlands trying to do both in one day though they do sell quite a variety in the fish market :0}

E

EC

The same could be said for lads like me who live near the coast Graham!

To be with a reasonable shout of river species barb/chub/dace I'd be looking at 40-60miles one way!

Despite the improvement in the 'royal blue mersey' its still quite difficult to catch a few fish, especially at the moment!

Anyway, are you in?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea.

Hesitate to suggest, but, how about teams of 4 made up of FM members from different regions (whether or not you know the individuals), each could fish his/her own area and we'd trust each other! (foster a bit of togetherness, unity and camaraderie etc etc [Yeah, right!!])

Not sure how we divide up the country (world) or decide who's in which team?

Random?

E

EC

Some lads almost fish exclusively with their mates Neil, liftshares etc I think it would defeat the object getting too dictatorial!

I take it you're in then?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Yep!

I reckon I can get a few species from my local commercial but I might have a bit of difficulty netting that dogfish!

But you never know nowadays!

E

EC

Good lad, don't worry I'll post one to you the week before if you like, a good place to catch them is pwllheli if you're ever out that way!

so far then...............

EC,Bazza,PJacobs, Stevie DB,Ian C,Johnny, Neil, Graham W,and Chavender (Chav?)

Rather than just have it the one day, would the whole bank holiday weekend be better, so people who might only get out 1 day can still take part, or is the 12/24 hour thing better?

Make sure you grab a few mates each lads or team up, if like me and Jonny you havent got any!

I

Ian Cloke

Any chance of it being on the Sunday? I come back off my hols on the Sat.

NATIONAL FISHING WEEK is from the 19th (my birthday, hint hint;0)), to the 28th this year. Bluddy long week that, I knew going metric was a bad idea!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Bank Holiday sounds good. I might be able to sneak in a few hours.

Can someone tell me what a "mate" is please?