Biggest Adrenaline Rush you ever had

Blunderer

Reaction score
Nothing will ever beat my first fish.

But I remember as a youngish lad, a seeing a pike take my perch on the way in, then seeing it shoot off when it let go.

I was shaking, my heart racing, I had never caught a pike.

I rigged up deadbait and as I slowly retrieved it, it grabbed it in an instant, scattering all the fry, soaking me through with the splash....

I nearly messed my trousers.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Last year on the Stour as the light faded.
The fish just came alive, a bite and fish every chuck.
It was electric, we couldn't get our baits in fast enough. It was a memory we will never forget, I've never known the fish come on the feed like they did that evening.

Hopefully we will experience it again, very soon!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Or seriously folks:

A fresh silver tourist of 12lbs+ caught on trotted maggot from Ibsley on the Avon.

Went like a bat out of hell but managed to keep in touch and eventually landed it.

I was literally shaking afterwards.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
3lb 6oz Gade Chub, on a #24 to 12oz string.
Round we go, and round we go and round we go again... I think I bored him into sumission, but that wasn't the effect it had on me!

Joskin

Reaction score
Pike snatching at a lure beneith my feet just as im about to lift the lure out of the water. S**t my self every time.

Deanos

Reaction score
A very large bull that was either consumed with passion or hatred, either way, at the age of fourteen I was for 15 seconds the fastest and fattest kid on earth over 50yds!
Ran it with my tackle though!?.that was an adrenalin rush and pant filler combination I shall always remember!

W

Woodys angle

Just put a wolf fish on the slippery floor of a f/g boat and watch biggest adrenaline rush ever to get to the front of the boat.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I've caught a wolf fish Woody --On a charter boat off the coast of Maine ....

and HERE'S what one looks like

Reaction score
Latching into two upper double commons on the lower Severn whilst chubbing in half an hour of heart-thumping madness.

I landed the first (18lb 12oz) after a twenty minute scrap and cast out still shaking to have the baitrunner scream off again almost immediately...

In a mad rush of blood to the head, I struck instead of engaging the runner, got stuck up a tree and suffered a massive birdnest above the reel.

I managed to sort that double quick despite my shaky hands and re-established contact with the fish only to lose her as she made one last surge from the near bank.

There's a pic of the first in my album, my eyes are madly wide, I look like a demon possessed!

Awesome!

I was such a mess after that I had to have a rest for an hour!

captain carrott

Reaction score
sitting in a tree watching the carp, when the branch i was on broke off got the heart pumping a bit.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I remember the Monk telling me about a time when he had two ruffe slappers in his bivvy. They were up to a few naughty tricks and his buzzer sounded.......

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
I dont think I've ever had had a bigger rush of adrenaline and fright than when I got nicked without a river board licence on a Welsh stretch of the River Severn at the age of 17. You can see him coming your way and there's nowt you can do to escape his clutches. Fined ?5.00 by Oswestry Magistrates and branded a criminal by my Father who told me I could end up like Ronnie Biggs!

marcus ballam

Reaction score
On the river mole last christmas, saw a chub of 6lb plus take my bait....my personalbest at the time was about 2.5lbs.....fecking hook pulled.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Not my best ever, but tonight I witnessed a dear swimming across the river towards me, it was amazing. It climbed out in the next peg, had a little shake and it was gone and I couldn't find my bloody camera!

alan

Reaction score
"I remember the Monk telling me about a time when he had two ruffe slappers in his bivvy."

if you found that exciting Ron you should seek "professional" help. ;@)

for me sliping down a 30 foot sea wall, knowing that the water at the bottom could be anything up to 4-5meters deep with a strong current. it scared the crap out of me.

S

Sean Meeghan

Hooking my first Chinook Salmon one September morning on Lake Huron. Thought it was going to spool me before I manged to turn it. Then it ran back towards me jumped and spat out the Big S in contempt. It was well over 30 lbs. Had to sit down for 10 minutes to recover.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

"Not my best ever, but tonight I witnessed a dear swimming across the river towards me, it was amazing. It climbed out in the next peg, had a little shake and it was gone and I couldn't find my bloody camera!"

Was she a little old dear -just back from collecting her pension????

(or maybe it was a DEER that you saw ....).