Ian Bell

J

john ledger

Very impressed with Ian Bell and glad the selectors have persevered with him as i have always been a fan.
Well done Alistair Cook another good find

I

Ian Cloke

Very nice knock from him today, kept a cool head, and played some great shots.

Beecy

Reaction score
only one Thorpey

Bell and cook are certainly going to be good uns though, bit of patiance and cool heads is what england have lacked for a while

Beecy

Reaction score
whats the latest on Vaughan Ian ?

I know he turned out early doors for yorkshire, did he have a set back?

I

Ian Cloke

He's got to have more surgery on his knee, Beecy, looks like he'll be out till next year at least.

F

Fred Bonney

Another Essex boy,Cook, comes good,our next Graham Gooch.

J

john ledger

I dont think Vaughan will play test cricket again and the same goes for Simon Jones.I also think Frddie Flintoff will continue to get injuries bowling fast and as Jack Bannister so rightly said when you get Freddies sort of injury it will not go away

J

john ledger

Its a bit like my right arm,all those years of playing big fish eventually takes its toll

I

Ian Cloke

I thought your arm was hurt tossing..........

the caber John;0)

Beecy

Reaction score
its a blade thing Ian, they all have very well excercised forearms and wrists.

thats why, if you look at a united shirt in the shops, the right arm is cut a bit more genorously than the left.

J

john ledger

Another century from Ian Bell third in a row.No substitute for class and he has it in abundance.
Also well done Chris Read who should have been back in the side yonks ago and at last we have a spinner in Monty who can actually spin the ball,things are indeed looking up.
I would also stick with Mahmood who has real pace and very young

F

Frothey

reckon we'll see a result tomorrow....the pitch is (finally!) starting to do things if they can bowl it in the right spot

B

Bully

Cannot agree with Chris Read, John. First they say Geriant Jones is in for his batting and will suffer his glove work, but when he produces with the gloves, which he has consistently this year, especially the second test.....they drop him!! Every batsman has bad spells.

But more worringly, watching Chris Reads feet movement against the Pakistanis, he will get taken apart by the Aussies. Despite his runs today I think he has a real fundamental flaw with his positioning which will be really exposed down under.

I coach cricket and I was very surprised, and worried, at what I saw.

Beecy

Reaction score
I think your right Froth. Forcast is fair with no rain, and Fatty might not be able to bat. Stanis all out before tea i recon.

J

john ledger

Bully
I admit that Jones actually got better behind the stumps but he was always liable to drop someone on 5 and then allow him to make a hundred.
I have to be honest i have never liked Jones behind the stumps and Read has always been regarded by the experts as the best gloveman.
Jack Bannister has been particular scathing on Jones keeping as have a few SKY commentators. I just hope Read gets the 31 test that Jones has had

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
I have bowled at test and county players and the last thing I wanted to see is my 'keeper putting catches down.
If Read can average in the 20s with the willow then he should be in the side.
If people like Younis and Yusif offer a half chance you must take it or it can cost you hundreds. That's a lot of runs to owe the team.
Jones' glovework has improved, but he has looked shot with the bat. He still dives infront of slip to balls he doesn't get near to.
As for coaching, footwork ect I say it's how many not how.
K.P would have got laughed out of town by some coaches playing the way he does, but he doesn't do too bad.