good books

W

Wendy Perry

Hi you lot i'm after a really good fishing book where it gives like step by step of how to put different rigs together and also all the different knots .
My local tackle shop guy tried to show me how to join one line to another and i have been trying to do it all day and getting very very frustrated!!!! can you reccomend one to me and i will go to library for it

thanks in advance :eek:)
wend

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hi Wendy, John Wilson's Coarse Fishing Method Manual is very good and goes through every style of corse fishing showing tackle, rigs & baits.

ISBN 0-7522-1099-8 in case the library have to get it from another branch.

W

Wendy Perry

oh cheers rodney i'm gonna ring the library now and ask them to see if they have it .

And John Wilson is my hero i think he's great :eek:)

R

Rodney Wrestt

He's not my type Wendy, not a bad angler though ;-}~

W

Wendy Perry

oh i think he's wonderful and he makes me laugh i love watching him on Sky tv and also Mat hayes he's great as well ;o)

I called the library and it was shut so i will try again tomorrow

A

Andy Davis

The Hamlyn book of fishing knots
just bought a copy and think it's great !!

D

David Granger

i sent a nieve women friend to get "the purfumed garden" said it was a gardening book
boy did i get a clump when her enquiries led her to find out it wasn`t

K

Kevan Farmer

Wendy. When you buy line make sure you check the packaging. Quite often you will find that the manufacturer details recommended knots for their particular line. The usually have easy to follow sketches of how to tie the knots too. The nice thing about them is that, unlike a book, they take up no room in a tackle bag. I'm not ashamed to admit that I forget knots sometimes. I use grinners so often that the others disappear somewhere in the old grey cells...

Kevan

W

Wendy Perry

thanks alot i got 3 good books today from library they are great show you how to do all sorts even making bait so i've had my head stuck in them all day .

Rodney i got that book you recommended it's fantastic thanks :eek:)

R

Rodney Wrestt

No probs Wendy, It'll keep you occupied for a while as there are methods in the book that you wouldn't think of using and lots of practical advice as well. I remember someone calling it the coarse fishing bible.

Happy reading.

A

Ashe hurst

Hi Wendy,hows you?

try finding The concise encyclopedia of fishing.
By gareth purnell, alan yates and chris dawn. ISBN 0-75252-507-7
I got mine in walworths. This one book covers coarse, sea and fly fishing,but i have seen the same book sold for each type of fishing.

or you may contact parragon
13 whiteladies road, clifton,
bristol BS 8 1PB.

I hope this is of help to you,happy fishing.
Ashe.

R

Rodney Wrestt

So you like TightLines Wendy, nice to hear your voice.

W

Wendy Perry

ohhhhhhhh no yes i did i was suprised i asked the question a couple of weeks ago and they just called me out of the blue and asked me if i would like to ask the question live so i did i was shakin like a bloody leaf LOL

R

Rodney Wrestt

My youngest brother called in on the first series and was stuttering he was so nervous, it's strange because it's only a phone call but I imagine the thought of all the viewers must get to the callers. You did fine, not a tremor.

K

Kevan Farmer

Ha, ha. this reminds me of the time I was called by Atlantic 101. They asked a question which, had I have known the answer, would have netted me an easy ?1,000. It was just some phrase that they had been saying all day on the radio program. I didn't know it and the thought of speaking on the radio with thousands(?) of listeners freaked me out.
Now I don't mind standing up in front of packed theatres.

Kevan

W

Wendy Perry

Same here Kevan i don't mind doing all the pantomimes i have done and all sorts of shows but to do that was scary and when they rang they said i would be on after the adverts so i set my video to tape it and yes you guessed it i taped the wrong bloody channel hehehehehhe durrrrrrrr :eek:)

S

steve southwick

wendy heard u on tight lines u did really well have u listened to keith arthurs programme on talk sport on saturday&sunday mornings 6 am to 8am u can phonein to that one as well

W

Wendy Perry

hey Steve i daren't go on something else that was enough for me lol :eek:)

S

steve southwick

yea i know what u mean i have rung the show twice and last time won a video so it was worth it the radio show that is
by the way your pb-carp is better than mine