Clouds .........

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Yippee! its just started raining here as well, lashing down it is.

Typical bl@@dy English summer, can't go out without getting soaked, wind blowing, dark, doesn't it get you down, no wonder people go abroad for their holidays!

J

Jeremy Preston

You want to try living in Aberdeen....we've had the har (sea mist) in for 3 solid days....no proper rain yet though.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Let's hope it rains steadily for 4 solid weeks, like the old days.

F

Fred Bonney

We had all our rain on wednesday evening up here,not a drop since!
Filled my two water butts to the brim from empty.

S

Sean Meeghan

Well that was a bit of a damp squib! I'm still going to have to water my pot plants today. We need proper British Summer weather for a week or so.

S

Sean Meeghan

Its clouds' illusions I recall.
I really don't know clouds at all.

Reaction score
I recall a day, a night and a day in the 60s when non-stop triple stair-rods brought my club lake up 9 inches....and i didn't have a brolly then!

S

Sean Meeghan

Now it raining - got soaked last night! Bloody british weather. Never rained like this when I was a lad. Don't know what the worlds coming to ......

R

It rained most of last night and this morning. It has just stopped.

But the skys look like they have another dollop coming......

Whooo Hoooo !!

:eek:)

S

Sean Meeghan

Off fishing now - got to remind myself what a high river and coloured water look like.

Now where did I put that umbrella .....

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

Don?t want to burst anybody?s bubble, but the rivers probably will have risen a couple of feet on this rain. Remember, they ain?t had a flush through for yonks, can?t remember the last time in fact.
That means they?ll have had time to culture lots of weed and algae growth in places where it?ll breakaway quite quickly as the river rises. Likewise the riparian zone herbage will have grown below the NSL, as most have been well below it. This also is likely to breakaway as the rivers rise.

You could find until this has gone through, the fishing a little difficult. Your mainline will look like a washing line with crap festooning it, clogging end rings when reeling in, and constantly moving your bait out of place due to the vast weight of build up of it on your now washing line.

Oh and before I forget, there?ll be lots of oil, grease, rubber, etc going in off the road drains, along with stagnant water that has been in the road drain sumps for weeks.

Have fun those who venture forth, I?ll wait a day or so I think!

R

Since I posted there have been three big dollops in the Rotherham area.

But still the ground looks dry. What we do need rather than the downpours is 3 solid weeks of steady soft soaking drizzle.

I will be starting the second part of my Zulu raindance tonight. The first bit worked didn't it guys?

"Dabula Manzi Bayete Inkosi"

Bring it on, bring it on!!

R

And today the skies are getting darker. The temperature has dropped to 15 deg C and rain is threatening.

Just a few more incantations........