Robson Green new series hauling up fish from 1000ft deep

laguna

Reaction score
Using automatic reeling machines to bring fish up rapidly from the floor - 1000ft deep!

What chance do any underweight fish have of survival? :eek:mg:

mol

Reaction score
Using automatic reeling machines to bring fish up rapidly from the floor - 1000ft deep!

What chance do any underweight fish have of survival? :eek:mg:

I don't think that wacking a gaff into them is going to do them much good either.

rains

Reaction score
i normally enjoy watch mr green but auto reels jesus comon thats not fishing

dannytaylor

Reaction score
i wish he would just get off the box :eek:mg: Every forum i go on anglers cant stand him so why is he still getting air time.

(RG threads are now a mainstay of fishing forums :D)

Dave Slater

Reaction score
Nobson Green, a legend in his own mind.
See him taking over from Arnie in his next all action role -
Colin The Bavarian
;)

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
He's still on TV because the women like him. And old people like to say things like "he's a charming everyday fellow" wish more folks were like him, while sucking on a Custard Cream.

beerweasel

Reaction score
What I LIKE about him is he is as mad as a hatter:D:j Nuts beyond beleif and entertaining to watch... After all its only TV

NO NO NO its not just TV its the public's perception of our sport. W***ers like
him make us out to be Kn**s, the impression we should give is conservationists
who not only protect the environment but create it. :mad:

jollyboy

Reaction score
NO NO NO its not just TV its the public's perception of our sport. W***ers like
him make us out to be Kn**s, the impression we should give is conservationists
who not only protect the environment but create it. :mad:

Get real man.... he is fishing in the Artic,Rain Forrests, Tropics etc no one would concider this the norm:eek:mg: Its on the entertainment bill not the factual bill as such in a prime time viewing slot...and thats what it is !!!

If I want to see fishing I tune into shed or the other bespoke channels

noknot

Reaction score
I can't really comment as I've only seen a little of him, but he still gets new contracts, so a few must watch his shows???

beerweasel

Reaction score
It is regardless of where he fishes, the point i'm trying to make is the majority of
the Public are non anglers. Therefore the future of our sport is up to them, if the
majority are in favour of a ban then it will happen (look at fox hunting).
Mr green does not portray our sport as the most wildlife friendly (which it is ),no
other sport creates as much wildlife habitat as fishing. His attitude to locals such
as river guides is deplorable. If this is the only view of angling the public gets
then we will all soon be poachers.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In real life is is actuly a nice bloke and very down to earth, but when it comes to fishing programmes well, he just turns in to some kind of moron...but then its only telly, you can switch the thing off!!

mark

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

Oh, they guy on river monsters gives us better cred...what ever happened to Jack Hargreaves and Terry Thomas?

luremanmike

Reaction score
I think he's ok in a simple idiot kind of way.... ^^ Have to agree "river monsters guy" makes anglers look better.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I don't know what it is with him....I don't have Sky or anything offering fishing programmes so when one comes on ther standard channels I look at it as a real bonus BUT that doesn't mean I can watch this character-I just cannot get to grips with his delivery so i have to switch off-not necessarily his fault as many must watch it for them to make another series. Just seems to be based on him being some sort of posuer or trophy hunter,a sort of "I've been everywhere boy,I've been everywhere"

I don't doubt his skill as a fisherman-just his approach, but I suppose whatever he does he cannot please everyone..........I recall reading that some found 'A Passion for Angling' somewhat childish but I really loved that series!

Horses for courses I suppost....wouldn't do if we all liked the same thing would it?