Starting for real

bigwaccer

Reaction score
Hello All

Finally starting for real after trying way back when I was a teen now over 30 years of age! Cant wait to get going and looking forward to seeing what i can catch (hopefully) !!

Was wondering if anybody could recommendand decent places to go around liverpool and lancashire ?

Thanks

Big waccer

Reaction score
Welcome bigwaccer...you'll find this place a goldmine of info. and a home for the deranged ...you'll soon find out who they/we are:eek:

How far you looking to travel mate? You based in the 'pool?

Do you want lakes or rivers? Clubs to join?

Let us know and between us all I'm sure we'll come up with stuff.

For a start if you are based in Liverpool and don't want to travel too far....Newsham Park Lake has some amazing fish in it....I used to teach in local schools...and when kids found out I was angler they shared their catches with me.(as in "great fish lad, now put that mobile away before I have to confiscate it!" :D

Some decent perch in there and one or two good carp..in spectacularly good condition

Poshers

beerweasel

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum,
Your best bet is the local tackle shop, not only the staff but the dubious looking types (me) that frequent such places. :w

bigwaccer

Reaction score
Hiya Mate

Many thanks for your reply. I am in Liverpool and looking to travel around here and the northwest close to me. I am interested in maily lakes at the moment. Also wouldnt mind joining a club aswell.

Thanks