new pole

Liam Stafford

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been fishing now on and off for a few years but have recently got back into match fishing. I am thinking of up-grading my pole and as there are that many on the market im unsure of what to get. I am looking to spend around ?400 on an all round pole. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

E

EC

My mate has just got a MAP pole deal, I think it was 16m, and he's well made up!

paul1977

Reaction score
hi
if you get advanced pole fishing magazine it has a good rating section of poles

S

sam tooth

i would go fro a maver in that price range. WMAC and trevstackle have got some good deals on mavers. also i find that maver poles come with more top kits than any other manufacturer as stanard with the pole :p

Simon White

Reaction score
in that price range there is also i few good shakesphere poles which are good all rounders

D

Danny Lancaster

One thing I would say is stick to a maximum of 14.5m as a 16m pole is your current price range would be like a banana and extremely awkward to handle in my opinion.

Maver as stated above, produce god poles in your range, as do Garbolino. Go and have a waggle of a few in your local tackle shop, the best way to make your mind up is to actually have a hold of a few, rather than go off reviews and recommendations. Everyone holds their pole (oo err missus) in a slightly different way, so what may seem a well balanced pole to you, may not "feel" that way to someone else.

Dont Rush into it, you would have worked hard saving for this pole. Take the time now to get the right pole for YOU.

Tight Lines

Tom (Bream Machine)

Reaction score
I've just bought a brand spanking new 13m Maver Deploy, as reviewed in this months Improve your coarse fishing from a dealers shop on Ebay for......................?199 what a bargain for an all rounder pole!