Stafford Moor

N

Neil Freeman

Im off to stafford moor(specimen lake) in the near future and would be greatfull of any hints and tips on how to fish the place,good swims, best bait etc.

C

Carp Angler

Craig, the technohippie is probably best placed to answer this one.

C

Craig w

Neil
The water is very new for carp, it used to be a trout fishery.
The owner has been chucking lots of trout pellets in so the fish bulk up quick so they are well used to seing pelltes, always worth a try with one on a hook over a small bed of pellets the same size.
We all use a winter boilie mix with sweet cream & anchovy that works, but any sweet/fishy bait seems to catch, there are lots of small fish in here so a bit bigger bait will stear the very small carp away a bit, but this time of year any fish are good.
The swims to try and get in are the one on its own at the far end of the dam wall, the fish sit just a few rod lenghts out infront of you, also the next 2 or 3 swims on from the end of the dam wall also produce (the are the farthest away of course!) if they are full try infront of the pavillion/buliding thing, fish show here as well.

:))

N

Neil Freeman

thanks everyone,im going on friday so ill let you know how i get on.

C

COLIN JONES

stafford moor is local water to me it seems going bait at the moment is staffords own 'bunker bait' avaliable on site,I'd fish bags or look for firm spot or your lead will plug in the new lake bed.

C

Craig w

Colin,

do you know if it is true that he has put LOADS of very small (under 1 lb) fish in the specimen lake to "grow them on"
I got told its been real messed up ?

any ideas?

C

Colin Jones

Craig,
there is a lot of small carp cropping up at the specimen lake but im not sure if Andy has put them in or they have found their own way in from joining match lake.
I do know that he just stocked a further 10 or so twenty's

C

Craig w

Maybe it flooded over.
& a few more twentys is always good :)
Its gonna be a top water given a bit of time to develop.

Did you know Creedy Lakes did its first 30 just before the weekend. (30lb 12oz)

C

Colin Jones

yea me and friend blanked an evening away on wednesday. nice to see, ive had some go bags at creedy but i cant get a twenty for love or money.It's a bit too hectic for me to fish seriously all that queing at 4.30 in the morning ill stick to odd trips.There certainly wising up so i hear,but it gets one hell of a hammering...

C

Craig w

Its good midweek at the moment as its "winter" ! so alot of anglers dont bother with it, no need to get there at 4am at the moment. (I dont fish it that often in the summer though) I fished on Weds last week at creedy (Blanked though lol) I got in a deep water swim with no problem and when i got to the water at 9am only 2 others fishing. Its like that most week days now.
It does get a hammering though, The fish have seen everything, they are so spooky, if everyones on one side of the lake go to the other (quietly) i garantee the fish will be where there is no noise!

C

Colin Jones

your not wrong there ,it get's nice and muddy around the far side this time of year so that will keep the tackle tart's away