Its All my Fault!

S

Sean Meeghan

Sorry folks its me thats caused this weather. Start a new job on Monday and so I decided I was going to fish every day this week. Might be struggling to find the river Wharfe this afternoon!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Send some down here Sean.Its still dry as a bone.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Thanks very much Sean, i've just shown the wife you're posting, just to show the rain IS'NT my fault, because everything else that go'es wrong in the world is !!!.

J

john conway

Congratulations on the job Sean and condolences with the fishing.
We?ve had quite a bit of rain yesterday in the Dales but when I rang Rivercall this morning it?s made very little difference down on the Ribble, it?s still only at normal summer level, but maybe there has just been enough to shift most of the weed. It?s rained a wee bit today but not as much as yesterday, however, I?m still going fishing tomorrow.

S

Sean Meeghan

The Swale was up a bit when I arrived today and came up a further 9 inches while I was there. Rubbish didn't start coming down till about 7.00 pm. Had 8 Chub and 3 Barbel so it was worth going. Still raining when I left so Yorkshire rivers should get a good flush through. Should be good on Friday!

Its not just this lot of rain - I've got history! Once went for a long weekend on Loch Lomond asnd it rained so hard that the Loch came up 2ft over the weekend - just think of the volume of water to do that!

J

john conway

With that history Sean I've no doubt there will be a few job offers in the south east? Just heard on radio 2 this morning that New York have just declared their 1st heat emergency day with temps reaching 45C and that its heading this way?????
Looks like another heat wave and accompanying dry spell is going to hit our rivers this August?

S

Sean Meeghan

Of course we're bound to get a heat wave with me starting work!