Welcome Back Ron( Angling Star)

J

john ledger

Glad to see my old fishing mate Ron Clay back doing what he does best writing for the Angling Star.Ron just for the record wrote many articles for the Angling Telegraph and if there was ever a better publication than that paper i have yet to see it(i was only just out of my nappie at the time,Ron was around before Noah)
Ron and myself fished together for around three years all over the place virtually every week when both of us where in poor health.
In all honesty it was Ron who prompted me into writing articles for the paper telling me to get things down before i fished that big river in the sky.
Like all people we have had our disagreements but i have always had a soft spot for Ron and even though he is now like me dodging coffins he is a true gentleman.Welcome back Ron and this time dont go away

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
i`ve managed to pick up the odd copy of the angling star in morrisons supermarkets down here in northants.
i have quite enjoyed reading some of your articles/tales john and lee swords musings as well.i`m just wondering if ron will be reporting on his fig diet????

Y

yoggy

Nick,if you see another copy pick me one up mate.I cant get them for love or money around here. ta!!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"but i have always had a soft spot for Ron"

Me too John . . . . . . . . . . its a bog in the West of Ireland :)

Seriously though, a couple of years ago when Ron came down to fish a real river, the Hampshire Avon, he did promise to send me copies of the 'Star' - I think all those figs and prunes must have clouded his memory ;-)

T

The Monk

I suppose I`ll have to put it back on order again now haha,

welcome back mate

F

Fred Bonney

I've got a subscription,it saves those wasted visits to the stores.

J

john ledger

Sorry Ron cannot be here in person apparently he is still on the toilet,that fig diet must be working(give him a couple more hours)

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

" he did promise to send me copies of the 'Star' - I think all those figs and prunes must have clouded his memory ;-)"

Peter --He's a Yorkshireman -- You didn't give him the money for them ........!!

J

john ledger

Eddie Old Boy,
Prepare for a good thrashing down at the Lane Aug 19th our lads are up for it and Warnock has had them on a fig diet so i reckon they just might crap all over you

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

A subscription to the Angling Star costs ?18.12 for the year.

Phone 0114 2767676 and have your debit/credit card ready. it only costs ?1.20 per issue.

It might to some seem like the DVSG monthly but there is a good article featuring Denis White catching quality roach on hemp and tares this month.

J

john ledger

And remember 25% of that subscription goes to Rons fee

Beecy

Reaction score
A bit late getting mine this month, but yes, well done Ron a nice article.

verry good issue all round this month, pick of them being Dennis White on hemp fishing, some realy interesting stuff on reading the bites underwater, I'll try putting this to practice this weekend.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Denis White is surely one of the best anglers of most methods ever to come from Yorkshire. His knowledge on all methods is second to none which is why he has been a long-standing member of the famous Barnsley Blacks and was for many years a stalwart in the England team indeed i beleive he was instrumental in helping Bob Nudd in winning his world gold at Holme Peirrepoint in 1994 by winning his section against Bobbs nearest rival. A great angler and a good man as well.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
When i started my post i intended to praise Denis for his work with young anglers and his dedication and his articles in AS but i got carried away.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I've had a few long discussions with him in the past Michael.

Those nice roach featured in the article came from Worsborough reservoir by the way.

There are some big roach in this place now it seems.