Pike Fishing for Charity

C

Chris Isaacs

The annual Stoney and Friends Pike Fish-In is scheduled for 9th February 2002. For anyone who hasn't attended this before, it takes place at Wraysbury. All proceeds go to MacMillan Cancer Relief. As well as the fish in, there is a raffle at the end of the day with literally hundreds of decent prizes.
So if any of you fancy attending this day, getting the chance to fish for some monster Pike, having a good social, and more importantly raising some cash to a worthwhile charity, please visit www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk for more details.
If there are any tackle manufacturers or shops who want to get involved in the sponsorship or to donate raffle prizes etc, please also visit the web site and contact Stoney by email.

C

Chris Isaacs

Has anyone read this, and if so, are they thinking of attending. I'm just trying to ascertain whether posting comments about fishing related charity events on forums is likely to generate additional interest or not.

Chris

D

David Will

I think it is worth posting Chris. I cannot attend but I will send a tenner anyway.

C

Chris Isaacs

David

Thanks for the response and also your generosity. Keep an eye on the forum and also the stoney and friends website as we'll be posting dates of next years Yateley and possibly the biggest Barbel fish-in ever. Please also pass on details to anyone else you know who might be interested.
Thanks again

Chris

C

Chris Isaacs

In view of the number of people visiting these forums, I must say I'm disappointed at the lack of people responding to the Opportunity to fish at Wraysbury for only a ?10 with all proceeds going to a great charity.

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk gives you all the details, but it would be great if people could respond via this forum and let me know if they are going to attend.

Chris

C

Chris Bishop

No offence intended - a lot of us already take part in things like this from time to time, it's just that not all of them get publicised for a variety of reasons.

C

Chris Isaacs

Chris

No offence taken. I know a lot of people do a great amount for charity without taking any regonition at all, and I take my hat off to all of them.

However, as we both know, there are also loads of people/anglers who don't do anything, mainly because as you say, many events aren't publicised for a variety of reasons.

What I am trying to do hear is to give as many anglers as possible the chance to get involved in an event that is not only good fun, but gives people the chance to raise money for a good charity, simply by doing what they would normally be doing anyway.

Chris