New Ultima line

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
At the very end it states:
"The great benefit of such a line is that it sinks about 3 inches below the surface of the water, so as to hold the float back slightly and more naturally to present your hook bait and loose feed with the natural flow of the river."

And to think I've always looked for a good floating line(plus floatant) for this application. I like the look of this line having got a free sample with TCF but I don't think I'll be using it for stick float fishing somehow! I'd also be looking for a finer line as well.

J

John Huntley

Mark, what line do you currently prefer for stick float fishing? Any recommendations?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
It acts (according to the write up) a bit like Maxima line Mark, which used to be classed as neutral buoyancy which can be a good point in a line because you can do anything with it with a little treatment.

Personally I think Ultima lost their way over the years and went from producing some excellent lines in the 80's and early 90's to some very mediocre stuff, not tried this one though to be honest and not sure that I will.

J

john ledger

I would never use sinking line for stickfloat fishing

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

For stick float fishing I use the ordinary Drennan Float Fish.

I thinks that's what you use isn't it John?

J

john ledger

Only use Drennan and Bayer on the lighter lines Ron.
Graham sent me some Shimano line at 4lb which has also been ok