Chubbing on the Blythe

S

Steve Cookson

I`d like to do some chubbing on the River Blythe.I don`t know the river very well and would appreciate some help with venues and clubs.I heard off somebody that there is some free water by Maxstoke.

D

Dave Johnson

not sure which Blythe you are on about Steve.
D/T stretch at the Hamstall Ridware fishery, only about 600 yards or so but some nice fish when conditions are on.

S

Steve Cookson

Cheers Dave it`s the river Blythe that runs through Coleshill and Knowle,don`t know if it`s the same river that you know.

M

Martin Wright

This takes me back Steve, we used to poach for trout in the closed season on the Blythe between Knowle and Balsall Common when we were kids, must have been 25 years ago - got some good ones too. Unfortunately the stretch was the West Midlands Police Fly Fishers and we had a few hairy moments and close escapes!

On a more legal note, I'm not very up to date, but Packington Fisheries used to have a day ticket stretch. The Maxstoke stretch used to be Coleshill DAA but I don't know the situation now. However there used to be some BIG chub in there. We used to fish the New Years Day opens there.

S

Steve Cookson

Thanks Martin i`ve just been told that there is a day ticket stretch through Coleshill by a bridge? I`ll have a ride out tomorrow and have look.