Marsdens Magic Mix

W

Wendy Perry

Hi Graham and all as you know i have been looking for a book from the library i got a few different was and have been sat practising knots all day . Then bugger me i turn the page and Mr Marsden is there with the Magic Mix... does this bait work Graham?? coz i am off to a fishery in Clitheroe tommorow and haven't got a clue what's in it but your mix says the chub,roach and barbel are attracted to it so i am gonna have a go at doing it.
But i will also be taking my other baits with me .
Anyone else got any Magic Mixes that have worked for them ??

Thanks
Wendy

G

Gary Knowles

Wendy,

The Marsden's Magic range of groundbaits are produced by Dave Dowding (Mr Wriggles) and I can say in all honesty they are probably the best groundbaits I have ever used.

All the ingredients are top quality, and having the pleasure of meeting Dave I can tell you that he has described first hand the quality of his suppliers, the production process and his field testing.

I have had some remarkable sucsess this summer on some very hard Cheshire Mere's when using the 'Magic' range, when guys fishing adjacent to me and using more high profile feeds have failed miserably.

I suggest you check out his website, buy some, and start baggging up !

You can see Mr Wriggles Website on http://www.mr-wriggles.supanet.com/

W

Wendy Perry

Cheers Gary... i am gonna use the cheesy one he suggests i've just been out to get some parmasan and all sorts of stuff so later on i am gonna start making lots of bait another question here is what if i don't use all the bait i mix up can it be bagged up till maybe next weekend ??

Steve .... i used sillybait last week and it didn't do a thing for me

G

Gary Knowles

Wendy,

I havent found a bait yet (although I'm sure someone will now put me right) that can't be frozen (except I'm not happy freezing casters !).

As long as its sealed in a good poly bag and allowed to defrost fully you won't have a problem with re-using. I have a chest freezer in the garage full of pastes, boilies, special nuggets, groundfeed, hemp, Vitaliin, dead maggots, etc. etc. - this also saves a fortune on bait and means you can go fishing at very little notice.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Frozen worms are not much cop either. They tend to break instead of bend when frozen, and then when you thaw them out they don't wriggle much.

D

Denis Goulding

it's hard to hook frozen maggot's especially in pint form..lol..

D

Dave Johnson

i froze my plugs after a piking session, didnt seem to harm them as they still worked ok

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Ice is good when its frozen ----I dont think its much good when you thaw it though

has anyone tried it as bait ???

C

Carp Angler

He did for a week in France, I think his hooks were made from ice aswell.

E

I was field testing it for Dave Dowding (Mr Wriggles )

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Eddie

Who's the weird looking guy in the pic your using!!!

E

Blame Graham --He took the picture ......

(before there was any such thing as colour film)