On The Drop

matt

Reaction score
Thanks Mark for an insight into probably the most absorbing of course fishing methods.
If you want to escape from life spend some time trying to perfect this method and all your stresses will drain away and be replaced by frustration !!!

If people go out and try this method I would expect a flush of questions from newly addicted devotees.

W

Wolfman Woody

The whip was made for this. 6 metres of pure fun with a very light crystal waggler won me a match once with this very method.

Must do it again sometime.

F

Frank Bristow

Great article Mark I feel like doing some proper fishing on a river with the stick.

Howeve when fishing in the upper layers I have found that when I have shot my waggler, I leave a space of about 3 inches each side of the float, that is a locking shot a 3 inch space then your other locking shot that way I have found that have direct contact with the fish and not the float when I strike. The only down fall to this mehod is you have to be careful when you cast to avoid tangles.

F

felix g.c

Great artile Mark!

I love to fish on the drop and seeing that float pop under still gives me the buzz of catching a fish. They may not be the biggest of the bunch, but what great fun!

Keep up the good work!