Finally on the bank

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
It's been knocking on two months and that last one was rubbish. Today was nearly perfect. Simple waggler and corn close in and distance some roach, a nice carp over 8lb and a tench at nearly 4. No tangles to speak of, fishing buddy caught carp all day on the method.

Saw terns heard a cuckoo ( might have seen it but wasn't sure) and loads of wagtails as well. Came back and found a few cans of beer in the fridge.

All is well.

Windy

Reaction score
Me too.

God bless t't committeeee for deciding to open our waters on the 1st June instead of the 16th and for this weekend's fishing.

Nowt extraordinary, nowt spectacular and (as ever) rusty casting and striking skills after the layoff.

But just so damned ridiculously nice to have that first one inch rudd on the line.... ;) (little ****** took a size 8 with three maggots :eek:) ((greedy little burgger obviously got a future as a banker))

And the somewhat larger Carp, Tench, Roach and Rudd that followed were pretty nice too ! Brilliant day. Roll on opening on the river..... !

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
It's been knocking on two months and that last one was rubbish. Today was nearly perfect. Simple waggler and corn close in and distance some roach, a nice carp over 8lb and a tench at nearly 4. No tangles to speak of, fishing buddy caught carp all day on the method.

Saw terns heard a cuckoo ( might have seen it but wasn't sure) and loads of wagtails as well. Came back and found a few cans of beer in the fridge.

All is well.

Aston water?

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Is the right answer ! Was nearly westend but I don't fish Aston that often so I thought I'd give it a go. Glad I did !

Were you there m'lud ?

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Is that the smaller of the two old ponds ? If so I was on number 2, quite close to the dam wall at the top end in the corner opposite the inlet. In fact you may have seen me wandering around between the two ponds with a landing net and a puzzled look trying to salvage my puddle chucker float that had separated earlier that evening (my mate salvaged it for me with his longer landing net in case you were wondering ;) )

Have you ever fished the new ones ? I tried the tench pond last year in early spring and found it soulless and a bit small.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Hi Jimmy

Sorry fro not replying sooner

Yes I did see a chap in a blue polo shirt with a bay window front looking puzzled and walking round the dam wall carrying a landing net - was that you?

I've fished them all

The snake lake is stuffed full of bit (or was) and is ok for the pole angler/matchman
the next one is the smallest and not sure what's in it - had the usual bag of small fish from it but not fished it much

the next new one up is the carp and catfish lake not sure what the carp go to certainly double figures, cats my mate had one out 13.5lb and put up right scrap - and that was the smallest one - been told there are two or three more in there and they are iin the 20's

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Guilty as charged m'lud. I prefer the pond you were fishing but when I got there there was no room at the inn and the only thing that will get me to move once I'm settled involves the threat of violence.

I don't want to get anyone into trouble but I fear your driver disappeared in the rolls, because there was no sign of it when I left ;)