Chocolate as bait

N

Nikolai Hogenhaug

Has anyone got any experience using chocolate bars such as snickers/twix (and so on) as bait?

cheers from a Norwegian coarse angler

N

Nikolai Hogenhaug

won`t be a problem if you use a hair-rig i guess, with a small,flat piece of plastic down the end..and as long as its not too hot(not a problem where i live..)

N

Nikolai Hogenhaug

Well....lost my boilie drill,m&m`s are out
;-)..anyhow

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
I used to know a golfer who used to stick a twix bar in the ground and use it as a tee, he reckoned the stickiness of the chocolate used to make the ball sit better.

N

Nikolai Hogenhaug

Read about an angler who caught a fair sized bream on snickers(whilst fishing for barbel).

Sounds like a joke but it isn`t..

Michael Howson

Reaction score
My mother-in law used to fish the trent at Dunham bridge with a tiny piece of toffee on the hook.

And catch.

N

Nikolai Hogenhaug

Obviusly worth a try then, michael.
I`d love to catch a 5 lbs+ chub on a Mars bar.
Should work well for Ide too..(Snickers, that is)

N

Nikolai Hogenhaug

Think you`d have to loose feed a fair amount of snickers for it to be a problem.
But you`ve got a point....i`ll just eat the Snickers myself then..
Toffee....hmmmmm

N

Nikolai Hogenhaug

waters full of Constipated Chub with rotten teeth...think i`ll go for muesli bars instead..

T

Terry Comerford

For chub there's nothing better than a large piece of flake.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I've caught carp and chub on marshmallows.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I was out with the kids last mointh and came across a nice shoal of chub in a little offshoot of the GU Canal.The only thing I had with me was some soft fruit snack bars belonging to the kids called "Humzingers" in strawberry flavour I think.They were duly comandeered. To say the chub liked them would be an understatement.Just like fruit flavour boilies I suppose but perfect consistency for hooking.