New Pole? Extension? Please help....

Harry Batchelor

Reaction score
Hi my name is harry, i am new to this forum and have just bought myself a new pole. It is a leeda assassin 11m pole, but i was wondering if i can buy a 1.5 or 2m extension to fit the butt of the pole to make it bigger? I cannot find the Leeda website or anyhwere that sells them but have been told they exist! If you know where, then please let me know! Ta

Harryb

Joskin

Reaction score
Are you sure you even need to make the pole any longer. In my experience there are very few situations where I would need my pole any longer than 10 meters maximum. I had a 16m pole for 3 years and never used it over 11m in all the time I had it and I fished regular matches at many different waters.

T

Terry D

I don't know whether they still do them but Davies Angling in Staines used to sell universal butt extensions which were relatively cheap. They had different inserts to fit different sized poles but I don't know whether they still do them.

stikflote

Reaction score
they do sell a 12,5 assasin so i would think you can get an extension

W

Wolfman Woody

I see the Assassin 11m is around 960grams in weight.

Before you buy an extension bear in mind that the overall weight could well be over 1300 grams and THAT IS HEAVY!

As Josking says, be happy with it at 11metres. That's a nice length and light enough.

Otherwise, buy another better pole.

sis the roach

Reaction score
you might get one from climax tackle or nathans of darby.but i would take your pole and feel the balance first be for buying i have found that if a pole made and sold at a 11/12 mtrs are better balanced at that length unless they are at the top end of the market