French Carp Fishing

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Anybody else got any good stories to tell about carp fishing in France? Or anywhere abroad come to that.

C

Carp Angler

Just looked at their site.
it don't look too bad, monday to friday 130 quid.
Do you know if it's still open in early December?

I just fancy a little dabble...

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Domaine Des Iles is open in December, and catch the weather right it fishes okay through winter. In fact the lake record of 66lb was caught in February.

P

Philip Inzani

Graham, I had a bit of a dabble after some Carp in Australia last year...are you interested ?

C

Carp Angler

Philip, how was the fishing when you came over here?
and is Domaine anywhere near you?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Philip, always interested in hearing how the other half live!

P

Philip Inzani

Hi there CA -I managed half a day on the Stour, lovely conditions as you said but I could only get a few small Chub, I really should have done better. I did spend a couple of days after Perch and had a few, best 2.5 , not massive but very welcome all the same. Saw your mention about trying Domaine des IIes, it is not too far and I am also interested in having a go so perhaps we can arrange something at the same time. The problem is December for me. Are you tied to certain dates ?

C

Carp Angler

Not tied to any dates, it's just that I thought it would be less busy in December.
Still waiting on a reply from them to my mail.

C

Carp Angler

Domaine have come back and said that december is free.
I'm up for any dates really, but December is fave.
If it's good I'll probably go back in the new year.

Any takers?

C

Carp Angler

Just checked my busy work schedule (cough) and I'm free to go anywhen from 27th November to the 15th December.

P

Philip Inzani

CA, end Nov thru to new year is out for me..I am moving amongst many other things.
However if you make it over let me know which dates and I come down for a day to say hello offer some moral support.
...looks like they do a day ticket so I may even chuck a rod or two out as well.

C

Carp Angler

I've just mailed them asking for confirmation on 27th Nov to 1st Dec.

M

Mike Fidler

Hi Rik, keep me in mind for next year, Ireland can wait for a while if the fishing is as good as I've read about. Question, do you use a bait boat? I read a past trip of Graham's in CF when he was using a boat and it helped catch a fifty at DDI.

C

Carp Angler

Graham needs all the help he can get!!!
He has advised that a boat may be required, although looking at the pictures of the lake I can't see anywhere that isn't within casting range.
e.g. upto 150 yards.
But I haven't been there and he has, so I would take his advise, boats are available to hire at the lake for ?10 a day or ?50 for the week, obviously shared between 2 or 3 anglers, this is quite reasonable.