Llyn Brenig - Help!!!

Rich_

Reaction score
Can anyone give me any advice on fishing the brenig. I?ve been a few times this season and nothing. Could anyone tell me which fly?s to use or any good spots. cheers

G

Gary Knowles

Rich - what species are you after?

I know the grayling get caught to quite a large size in the spots where the rivers enter and leave the lake.

I've bait fished it quite a bit over the years though and never had a trout...

G

Ged

Only fished it once on the way back from hols.Had a couple of hours. Caught one trout. Fished late afternoon early evening.Fish pre-occupied with sedges. Used Goddard sedge pupa.

Rich_

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. Never heard of any Grayling in the Brenig I think your thinking of Llyn Bala. I?m after Rainbow trout, Brown trout(stocked and wild) and Tiger trout. But the main emphasis being on Rainbows. cheers

NT

Reaction score
I have only caught rainbows their all season: no browns, blues or tigers..
Boat or bank fishing? Best boat areas are the dam, cages, tower, hafod lom woods by the quarry. I have seen bank anglers in tower bay, by the dam & sailing club bay.
Fish were deep on daphnia last time - 25ft plus and caught on lures. But with the rain and cooler conditions dries and nymphs worth trying. Black is a very good colour there.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Terrible pic Niel ,did you drop it?. Well done by the way, you left before us last week.