New alarms - a good idea ?

G

Gary Knowles

I have used Fox alarms for ages now and had very few problems with them mechanically. The only problems I have had have been due (I think) the the roller mechanism. These being:

When eel fishing with a drop off bobbin, a fast take often gives just a single bleep when the bobbin is released and the line pours off the spool without touching the roller, this happens wherever you place the butt ring in relation to the alarm

The other is if on an overnighter, drifting weed slowly pulls on the line. This can be so slow that it fails to register. At the weekend I woke to find the bobbin on the deck, still attached to the line as a clump of heavy weed had inched the line towards me, probably dragging the bait out of position or at least along the bottom for a foot or two.

Therefore I'm considering a set of Delkims. I'm a light sleeper so don't really see the need for the TXi system as I don't think I need a remote sounder especially when I consider 3 of these plus a receiver would cast arounf ?480!!! I've looked the the 'budget' EV plus at around ?60 and the Delkim plus at around ?85. The delkim plus appears to be the TXi without the receiver.

Anyone got any comment, feedback on these alarms?.any info welcome.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

I've got the txi's with the sounder box. They are utterly superb.

Mine got blown into a lake a few moths ago and were fully submerged for 15+ minutes. Dried them out left them in the airing cupboard for a few days and they are unaffected.

One big advantage of the sounder box is that you can fish the margins e.g. for eels with the sensitivity on max and the volume on the alarms turned to zero.

G

Gary Knowles

I hear what your saying Andy but ?500 for 3 is a bit pricey !!

Remember I'm a poor northerner, not in yours and wol's loadsamoney Suvern region...

matt

Reaction score
At last someone that is having the same problems with fox's as me. Whenever I've posted on this subject nobody has come forward recognising the problem. I was begining to think I was going senile !!

I've reverted back to the original optonics and cured the problem completely.
You can get opo's for about a tenner each on e-bay if you wait for them to come up.

B

Bully

Only reason WoL is in "loadsamoney" is because he is a tight fisted faggot who never pays back what he owes.......

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Whatever Dullard.

Get em Gary, great investment mate.

W

The sounder box is also very good, mine still works from the Horse and Barge pub next to Savay which is at least 600 yards from our swims on Broadwater. They also have a neat clip on the back and i tell the landlord to hang it on the optics, rather handy but a pain when the Savay lads are on the weekend Stella top up, not enough optics for sounderbox's.

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

Barney all Delkims come with an anti stroke pulling device fitted as standard and a 300 Dba alarm No good for you I?m afraid! :0)

I?ve had a pair of Delkims since Del came back into the market and never had any problems with them over the 12 years I?ve had them.

I actually bought them out of my first student grant the great British taxpayers gave me??.thank you. Ye then Gt. British taxpayers!
In fact it?s probably the best 170 quid I?ve ever spent on fishing tackle.

Buy, buy ,buy is what I say, made to last if you look after them!

W

The northern poof called me last night as i had given him a link to chap selling on Ebay. Just told him to get em and stop being northern for a short time and part with the cash. Jasus the mans hard work.