One Hit Wonders

J

john ledger

Back Street Love by Curved Air
Drivers Seat /Sniffin the Tears
Great tracks by groups who vanished add to that one by The Georgia Satellites that was an absolute cracker.I cannot remember the name of the track but it was not Battleship Chains.
Can you remember the one hit wonders who made a really good track then went AWOL

E

EC

The Buggles...Video Killed the radio star!

Joe Dolce.shurrup a ya face

E

EC

Big arfs they were the best/worst I could think of

Joe Dolce kept which band off the top spot?

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Eddie C
It was some Rock band can't think who though Marrilion?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

John, please dont take this the wrong way but this part of the forum is titled "General Fishing".Any chance you could start non-fishing related stuff in Baitbox just to please me?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Ultravox, and Vienna was the song me thinks?

Turgid c... anyway!

J

john ledger

Nigel
If i did all the naughty boys would be coming on swearing,mind you to be honest i thought i had it on Baitbox

T

The Monk

saw Curved Air at Buxton early 70s, great band they had that bird playing electric violin, what was she called mate?

S

Steve King

John and Brother Nicholas: slapped wrists for you both!!

Sonja didn't play violin! She played acoustic guitar and sung lead vocal. Darryl Way was the violinist, he was replaced for one album and a tour by Eddie Jobson before he was poached by Roxy Music to replace Brian Eno.

Whilst Curved air only ever had the one hit single they were a popular band for a fair few years!

Do you remember when they were touring back in the 70s the NME used to regularly feature pics of Sonja falling out her skimpy outfits? Nowadays though she is showing her age rather than her rasberry ripples!

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
joe dolce did keep vienna off the top spot but i`m sure another record made no1 as well which kept ultravox further away from no1??? i`m sure i remember hearing this on one of those channel 4 top 10 type programmes.
how about these one hit wonders.....
jilted john
men at work
doctor and the medics
glen maderios (i think thats how you spell his bleedin name???)

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Aaah hairy armpits and the unforgettable line:

" hurry hurry super scurry call the troops out in a hurry"

Thats why I preferred the german version.

J

john ledger

I love a woman with hairy armpits Nigel and hairy legs.
Its an hairy arse i dont like