River Lea

R

rmp

Would anyone be able to give me any information on fishing the Lea between Hatfield and Hertford, including which clubs control this stretch if applicable?

Many thanks
Richard

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Sewn up pretty tight, I think (I would love to be proved wrong!). Least inaccessible are Welwyn Garden City A. C.'s stretches (members only, but reasonable fees and no restrictions to locals only) at Bayfordbury and Stanborough; they also run a short stretch in Stanborough Park on a day ticket (same ticket as the lake, a day full of choices!).
There's a fair bit of ticket water (Lea anglers' consortium?) at Hertford, but beyond my usual range, so I'll leave that to others...

barbelboi

Reaction score
Last edited:
A

alan whittington

Would anyone be able to give me any information on fishing the Lea between Hatfield and Hertford, including which clubs control this stretch if applicable?

Many thanks
Richard

Mate,if you live within their radius Welwn or Hatfield DAA are an option,Welwn from Stanborough to Mill Green(Bayfordbury),Hatfield from the Hatfield House Broadwater lake(river runs through it),down to Essendon,i would think contacting a local shop would give your best options,good luck,Alan.;)

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Verulam Angling have a couple of section, Red Spinners and Abbey Cross have other section.

The LAA have a Day Ticket section at Hertford.

Bob

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score

Many thanks
Richard

From Hatfield down to Hertford, the Lea is Contolled by Hatfield AC, they also have the fishing rights inside the grounds of Hatfield House, so I am told.

Once you get to Hertford the clubs Bob said controlthe Lea for some of but not all the Lea. There is one Free section along the Essendon to Hertford Road.

R

rmp

Many thanks to all for the information - I'll investigate joining some of these clubs.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I doubt you will get into the Hatfield Club, closed shop and nudge, nudge, wink, wink, to get onto the waiting list, same for the Red Spinners, Abbey Cross has a long waiting list of about 4 years, again if you can get your name on it.