River Fishing In Sussex

dan hellawell

Reaction score
can anyone tell me where there is free or day ticket river fishing in Sussex as all the stretches i know are club owned any help greatly received

Thanks

dan hellawell

Reaction score
to be honest anything course just want to do some river fishing preferably something with a bit of fight as well

marcus ballam

Reaction score
Hello again Dan

as far as i know, the best day ticket stretch is on the river mole at horley near gatwick. Good chub and perch

Also the ouse presevation stretch at lewes (tickets from tackle shop), river adur at bramber (near steyning, tickets from news agents). Not fished any of those.

If you fancy a day out on the HHDAS stretch on the ouse, i can get you a guest permit. Or better still join the club, some of the best fishing in our area.

C

Christian Tyroll

Dan, id take Marcus up on his offer, its a very nice one.

Ive had a look at the strech where the little weir pool is and would join if it wasnt such a drive. Used to fish the Strech on the HDAS ticket down near the sloop every so often, never caught a barbel but theres a picture of Chris Tarrent with a nice one on the wall of the pub. Also recently heard a rumor of Barbel over 10lbs now being caught? Could you shed any light?

But Dan if your going to fish regually you may as well join a club, will probably work out cheaper and often better fishing.

Christian

dan hellawell

Reaction score
Thanksfor all this information and the offer marcus can anyone tell me how to get to river mole at horley near gatwick and where you can get the day tickets from

marcus ballam

Reaction score
Tickets from the carp shop, horley. They will also give you directions. Tho a permit only costs ?26.....