Woman angler attacked by suspected shoot sabs on my doorstep

davestocker

Reaction score
The Westmorland Gazette newspaper's front page today carries a story about a woman fly fisher at Bank House Fly Fishery at Caton in the Lune Valley, who was harrassed by a group of sabs who appeared to have been been previously trying to sabotage a grouse shoot.

The story isn't on the newspapers website. I've requested the text of the story be emailed to me. Will post the story or a link to the story if/when I get it. I understand that the Daily Telegraph is also on the case.

davestocker

Reaction score
The paper have just told me that they won't be putting it up on their website, nor will they be sending me any copy to post here.

Given that there are a huge number of anglers in the UK to whom this might be of interest, I am completely baffled by this decision.

Any journo's reading this who might want to pursue the story might want to call the Westmorland Gazette on 01539 720555.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Dave, I thought you said she had shot the sabs.

If that had happened it would have been the best news I have heard in years.

davestocker

Reaction score
I've scanned the full story & emailed it to Graham, but there might be copyright issues around reproducing it. But the story involves 30 saboteurs in black masks and clothes, verbal abuse and physical attacks, damage to anglers cars, broken rods, fights breaking out and a woman punched in the face by these scumbags. I'd guess that this was probably the worst incident of its kind that's ever happened in the UK.