Shropshire for me!

alex harley

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am a fairly inexperienced coarse angler from Ayrshire who holidayed at Hurst Farm last year, near Bridgenorth, and had a great time catching decent carp and tench using waggler, method feeder, margin pole and off the surface by floating bread. It was heaven and I learnt a lot from other friendly anglers. Only down side, not a lot for my wife and kids to do as they dont fish, crazy or what?

I want to visit this area again and am looking for good fishing with good accommodation and close to amenities etc etc.
Can anyone help?

Any where will do as long as the fishing is good, I just love this coarse fishing, wish I had discovered it 30years ago.

Many thanks guys

Alex

Bluenose

Reaction score
If you go to Shropshire probably best to stay close to, or in a town, most have decent fishing nearby. Ludlow, Shrewsbury, Bridgnorth, Ironbrodge or Bewdley to name a few. There's lots of fishing on the Severn and/or Teme and the clubs are decent value for money and there are plenty of commercial stillwaters. There are some decent caravan sites as well I believe.

alex harley

Reaction score
Thanks Bluenose, I think you and I have something in common, being bluenoses and fishing.
Thanks for reply, popped into Bewdley last year, lovely place but didn't manage to cast a line.

Hard to find fishing, lodge accommodation and some sort of things for kids to do all in the same place.

Back to surfing the net......

Cheers

Alex

abborre

Reaction score
check with stan lewis in bewdley tackle he will put you right dont go to that area without fishing the river you can always fish a hole in the ground....exellent fishing around bewdley i lived there for ten years larford is only a short drive away and that is worth fishing lakes or river....and just up the road moorlands on the kidderminster rd try mal storey tackle in kidderminster he will advise you and he is a nice bloke