Slipways for boat fishing

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
Anybody out there know of any slipways for launching a 15ft boat on to the Ouse, Aire or Trent (within striking distance of Cromwell weir)?

I'm also interested in hooking up with (excuse the pun!!) any jerkbaiters out there who might be interested in 'prospecting' on the rivers for pike.

I'm based in Sheffield (gooooo on you blades!!)

P

Phil Heaton

Tony,
The only slip I know of on the Ouse is 4 miles down stream of York at Acaster Malbis and costs ?6 per use. The Trent below Cromwell is hard to access by slip and I do not know of any that are available. Above Cromwell is Farndon Marina with Hazeleford weir an easy run at ?10 per use.
Unfortunatley slips are as rare as rocking horse crap and you would maybe be better thinking of changing your boat to something lighter that does not require one......thats the quandry i'm in at the moment.

G

Grant Lever

hi tony,just getting into boat fishing,there is a slipway at bleasby at the side of nursing home (used to be star and garter pub)handy to motor up to gunthorpe wier,and one in front of the ferry boat pub at gunthorpe handy for stoke wier.both free !!!!i do a bit of piking and barbelling so maybe we can hook up sometime......