TFG Banshee rods

dalesman

Reaction score
Does any body know any thing about the above rods.

I have got a few old friends back into fishing for the first time in over thirty years after getting married and raising a family etc. And they now getting their children involved.

They looking for 3 piece 12 or 13 rods for both thenselves and their kids, any ideas on suitable rods. I thought about the tfg rod as it can be bought 2 for 1 at the moment, but I no nothing about the rods or the company.

Youre throughts please.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Hi Dalesman, never used TFG rods myself but have not heard too many bad reports about their stuff. Have a look at the link below
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3QlOyfqi8s"]YouTube - ‪TFGear Banshee Float Fishing Rod - www.tfgear.co.uk‬‏[/ame]

quickcedo

Reaction score
I don't know about the Banshee rods but I have 2 other tfg rods and a few bits and bobs. So far everything I have bought has been very good. There are one or two horror stories on the net about tfg stuff but I can only say as I find. The two rods I have are, I would say, above what I expected for the price.

quickcedo

Reaction score
I have the 8-10ft all-rounder which is brillient. I also have the 11-13ft Nan-Tec all-rounder, which i got last week. I have fished with it twice now and to be honest I'm still shocked at how good it is. So far I have caught from 6oz Roach to double figure Carp on it, which it handled very well. But it's the quick recovery time which is amazing. Making casting accurately easy.

Fishingdownthewindy

Reaction score
I have the compact all-rounder and it's a good bit of kit, I bought a power feeder directly from fishtecs shop floor for my brother in a clearance and both exceed their price tags.

The Banshee rods are pretty much on bogof throughout the year, so I wouldn't get drawn into the marketing too much, so effectively they are £35 rods.

As alternatives go what about

Daiwa Sweepfire around £30
Shakespeare Omni X for the boys £18-£20 and MACH1 XT around £30
Garbolino rocket waggler £30-£35

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hi,
stick with the cheaper rods from diawa, shimano, maver and such and keep well away from TFG! sorry, I don't mean to tread on anyones toes, but I don't hold to this companies advertising policies. TFG sell there rods like dragon carp etc, ie buy telling you a rods retail price is £100 and the offer price is £20 and in reality £20 is the true price. sorry, its only my opinion but I think companies that lie (why is this legal) to consumers like this do not deserve our custom.
just search the web mate, there are loads of good rods out there from the likes of shimano and diawa.

mark