The river Weaver

S

Steven West

I am planning on doing a few carp sessions on the river weaver this winter after witnessing a few during some matches i fished last year. What is the best way of fishing? i.e. pop ups or bottom baits even corn & meat. Also near or far bank?
I'm going to start on the boatyard (any comments)?

Thanks for your time!

G

Gary Knowles

The boatyard is probably the best place to start. when I dabbled at carp fishing we used to catch loads from there fishing tight to the boats and in the channel that leads into the marina.

We actually found, sweetcorn and bread caught us more fish than bolies but then again it was about 8 years ago and there were only a handfull of lads carp fishing it then so I'm sure they are switched on to boilies now.

a lot of match angler though still fish corn for the tench and bream so it may well be worth trying one rod on popped up maize over a bed of the stuff.

C

Cakey

gis a clue where are you talking about???
just being nosey !

CAKEY

M

Marker

sounds like the boatyard is going to be busy again this year!....gary has hit the nail on the head there steven,tight accross to the boats is the place to be,boilies are taking a lot of fish from there these days,a word of warning though....bring plenty of leads and hooklinks,because it's snaggy as hell!.
keep an eye out for the two scousers who fish there on non-match saturdays throughout the winter months.....if you see them......come and say hello......lol
cheers mark.

C

Carp Angler

Cakey

it's up t'North.

We'll stick to our easy Southern lumps.....

C

carpin chris

A saturday on the weaver without a match,you'll be lucky ;)Mark is right about it being snaggy, when it used to be full of boats, the boat owners used to throw things over the side. rolled up carpets bits or barb wire fencing buckets full of cement with wire in. Last season my mate touched the side of a boat with a boilie OK it was fired from a catapult. The women on the boat thought he was trying to sink it or somthing and popped up with a camera took his photograph then disapeared again. Oh the joys.

M

Marker

chris.....matches on the boats (saturdays) are fortnightly,so i'll be there every other week.....i know what you mean about the boat owners...not very polite some of them!!! lol
cheers mark.

M

Marker

yes rik i am indeed....long time no speak....still catching those easy southern lumps i see...nice common lol
cheers mark.

C

Carp Angler

Hi mate,
good to see you spreading your wings.

Still catching those battered Northern doubles then.....

M

Marker

yes mate,still catching them,not a lot else on offer up here in the frozen north,our winter has started already,you might actually have to put a t-shirt on to stop yourself getting a chill soon!!!.
i look in here regularly rik,i only post on topics that are relavent to my fishing though,its just that they don't come up very often.
cheers mark.

C

Carp Angler

What's that white stuff in the background of your photo?

Last time I saw some of that was about 5 years ago, although we had our first frost last night.
Winters arrived darn sarf.....

C

Cakey

Rik
Got your frost this morning really heavey
I had to have the heated seats on in the car

CAKEY

C

Carp Angler

I had to send the hired help out to clear the frost this morning.
I then froze my bits off on the river all day.
Oh well, I'll have to go again tomorrow and try to acclimatize myself to it.

C

Cakey

Your company got any jobs going,I could do with fishing more .

CAKEY

M

Marker

i'm surprised you've ever seen the white stuff darn sarf rik,we only see snow ourselves once or twice throughout the winter.
our hammered northern doubles are at least 'true' winter carp...lol
never mindabout the frost rik,you'll be back in your t-shirt in a few days! lol
i could do with a bit more fishing too mate,i'll take the next job after cakey,just as long as i can work from up north.
ps,seeing as this thread is about the weaver.....thats a weaver fish from the boats,caught last january.
cheers mark.