Baitrunner reel

Janet Broughton

Reaction score
I have recently acquired a Shimano Baitrunner 3500 reel, could someone tell me what the Baitrunner device is for and how it is used, also how much are these reels to buy new. Thank you.

njb51

Reaction score
The baitrunner facility allows line to be pulled from the spool at a flick of a switch when a fish is hooked without having to slacken off the clutch. When you strike and turn the reel handle, the baitrunner switch will click off into 'normal' mode allowing you and the clutch to go about business.

T

Terry D

The baitrunner function will allow the fish to take line when your rod is in the rest, without pulling the rod into the water. As Jonny said, it will automatically switch off when you turn the reel handle or you can flick it off by hand. Beware that use the baitrunner function can cause a lot of bad line twist.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
You can not buy this size anymore. They go for around ?40 in good nick on ebay. Are you thinking of selling it.

Nick Taylor

Reaction score
I have moved to the coast and would like to give sea fishing a go, what's the best time of the tide to fish?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
It varies on location best checking with trhe local tackle shop. As a rule a hour before high tide and a hour after are usually the best but some places fish better at low tide.