Cabelas

M

mark williams 4

I'm on the hunt for a pike fly rod, and the Cabelas range of blanks are looking very appealing.

But Cabelas' mail service on rods is expensive - I've no problem with that (still saves a packet on UK rod prices) apart from wondering if:
a) The service is efficient
b) whether I'm liable to get caught with an import customs charge

Anyone who uses Cabelas will have the answers....

Y

yoggy

Mark,up until a couple of years ago i used to do alot of wildfowling.[duck shooting on wild marshes for those of you not in the know!!].I actually visited Cabelas store when i was out there on a shooting trip a few years ago.The store is absolutely massive.For a Hunter/Fisherman its sheer heaven!!.I came out the store drooling!!.Say what you want about the yanks but as Hunting/Fishing goes they do not mess around!!.The store assistants were extremely friendly and ALL of them were either Hunters or Fishermen.Whilst i was there i purchased some duck callers and few items of realtree.[Realtree wasn`t even in this country then].Since that visit i`ve had numerous items from them.[The best thing to do is order their catalogue]and have never had a problem.I admit some items have taken longer than others,but all in all i`ve no cause to complain.As far as customs charges go i`ve had no hassles as yet.Even with the overseas postage you still save money compared to UK prices.I havn`t used them for a while but wouldn`t hesitate in recommending them.

S

Sean Meeghan

Mark I used to buy most of my lures in the States. I've used Cabelas once or twice and they have been fine. You will have to budget for import duty now a days as HM Customs seem to have made an effort to close this loop hole. I used to escape paying duty most of the time, but more recently the postie has knocked on the door and handed me a bill.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Used them last year goods arrived with-in 2 weeks no problems. Realtree type trousers would advise anybody getting cloths to order one size smaller than here.

S

sash

Fantastic service. I've ordered from them a few times with delivery to my sister in the States who then brings stuff back as 'Christmas presents' ie no tax. Always very friendly, efficient and excellent products.

Might be worth trying a BassPro shop too though I can't speak from first hand experience.

C

Cakey

I use Bass Pro Shops all the time they are really really on the ball

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
So is cabela a good company to order from chaps.I have seen a fly rod for 75 dollars,what would the tax be on that,anyone know.