Monster Barbel from tidal Trent

G

Gary Knowles

Highly unlikely I know but I have just been made aware of a rumour doing the rounds of a huge fish from the tidal trent. Talk is of a 23lb+ fish.

I have absolutley no idea if there is any truth in the rumour, whether it?s a hoax, a skinny carp or a genuine capture (how I hope it is!)

Anyone heard anything ?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I am also getting tales of a 25lb fish taken in the Epworth area below Gainsborough mate.

J

john ledger

Yes it was me that caught it Gary on a link of sausage
I played it for around 60mins and it tried to get under a passing barge before i eventually landed it.
Then i woke up

J

john ledger

Only catching twenties.
We catch seals around here Jonny.

Reports of big barbel are always coming from the tidal around Gainsborough in fact from Dunham downstream to Gainsborough.
I do know from a very good source that big barbel are coming from Torksey.

ps
Funny dream that one i had Gary because this old bloke from Stoke on Trent helped to land it,ugly sod he was,told me his name was Graham

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I do know Swordsy is on holiday at the moment, probably somewhere on the Trent!!!!

I would love it to be him.

honslow

Reaction score
This has the ring of truth. If anyone knows any details please call me anytime on 01733 465673, or 07736 230276.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

probably caught on that stretch of the Trent above Milton Keynes ....

But no photos because the bloke who took them wasn't paid any copyright fee (even though it wasn't his camera)

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Oh for goodness sake, let's not have phase two of The Barbel Wars!!

Ian Jay 2

Reaction score
There is a cracking little river, just east of Pilsen (the beer capital), that years ago was a fine barbel water. Its trout water now, fly only, but still has plenty of barbel.

Those in the know fish for them, with the fly. Amazing sport!

J

john ledger

Some real big whiskers in the lower tidal Trent
They are called seals

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

plenty of cod in the lower Mersey in the winter ...

We should have a special 'cod' section

(there are a few 'codders' on here )

njb51

Reaction score
I was fishing the Thames yesterday and some bloke came up talking about a 23lb barbel from the Thames. He had heard them talkin about it on talk sport that morning.
I asked if he meant the Trent but said he couldn't remember and said it could have been.

Anyone know anything from either river?