Your dream.....

noknot

Reaction score
Carp water, what would it be like, size and type of water, gravel pit or old estate lake, strain, size and stock of Carp, so what whould your dream water be, or have you indeed already found it???

little oik

Reaction score
A small estate lake stocked with "wildies ",crucians ,tench, rudd and perch. the biggest fish would be the wildies at about 8lb so you could fish light enough to get enjoyment from all species

beerweasel

Reaction score
A small estate lake stocked with "wildies ",crucians ,tench, rudd and perch. the biggest fish would be the wildies at about 8lb so you could fish light enough to get enjoyment from all species

My dream is exactly the same as above. :w

barbelboi

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]At the moment I’m happy fishing my club’s 6 acre estate lake for tench. Although I enjoy fishing for carp (especially river carp) I also enjoy fishing for most other species as well so an ideal carp water wouldn’t concern me too much as I have plenty of variety close at hand. So rather than dream of a particular water I already have access through my clubs to the estate lake that holds carp to mid 20’s, field ponds that hold a ‘wildie’ type of carp (Ifind it hard to believe that there are any genuine wildies left except possibly at Stowe, Bucks) to approx 10lb, five gravel pits that hold carp to 40lb and one that holds them to over 40lb plus the rivers. All within 12 miles from my house. That’ll do me for a while.:w
PS After September I'd rather be on a river anyway:)
[/FONT]

dezza

Reaction score
I have just returned from my secret "dream lake".

It's set in the Northern Fens of Lincolnshire and has excellent tench to 7lbs, rudd to 1 1/2 lbs, bream to 8 lbs and wait for it: roach to possibly 2 lbs.

I started fishing amidst the bullrushes, reedmace and Norfolk reed that surrounds this 5 acre lake at aprox 7-30 am. I used two rods with in line method feeders with a propriety method groundbait mix, for hook bait on very short links of 5 inches I used single grains of sweetcorn side hooked on number 12 barbless Preston eyed hooks which are really excellent

I caught six tench to 5lbs 2 oz, 8 bream to 7 1/4 lbs and 3 roach.

Best roach in pristine condition weighed 1lb 9 oz.

What a truly great morning.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Sounds like a good day Ron – I’m looking forward to fishing tomorrow – may not do as well as I’ll probably only be using one rod.:wh

sam vimes

Reaction score
Ron,
that sounds like one hell of a place. Shame it's a secret but I don't blame you in the slightest.

Mine would probably be a water (of any type) where I had exclusive access. If it has to have carp then I'd like them to go 20lb+. I want a good spread of other fish to good sizes, particularly tench. I'd settle for the same thing but sharing it with a fairly select few if I had to.;) If it just happened to be within a few miles of my abode, so much the better. I think I may have found this nirvana, the snag is that I'm going to have to wait a while for the stock to catch up with the dream.

Last edited:

dezza

Reaction score
If you ever want to come up to the Northern Fens, let me know and bring up a bedchair.

We have some wonderful countryside in this area, never mind what other my say, and although we don't have monster fish, we have a few cracking tench, bream and roach that would surprize some southerners.

---------- Post added at 09:38 ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 ----------

And a little bit further south is the best river in England.

The Trent.

dannytaylor

Reaction score
A couple of favourites.....................

072.jpg

009-4.jpg

:w

uscarper

Reaction score
my own lake or section of river where i was the only one who could fish it and could bring friends. if i could have only one, i'd pick the river, i love river fishing the carp seem to fight harder in the current of the river. and it would have commons, mirrors and leathers. catfish, tench" we dont have tench here but have always wanted to catch one " and large koi and grass carp

dannytaylor

Reaction score
Designer crucian pit.

405.jpg

river carp swim. (seem to be a few fans or river carp on FM )

001-20.jpg

I enjoy taking shots of the swims/venues im fishing just as much as trophy shots of fish. I think far to few anglers do this, its a shame as its a great way of looking back on your angling.

(barbelboi, the estate lake looks superb)

chav professor

Reaction score
Small, Rotton punts, a boat house, willow trees, talk of uncaught monsters, no one fiddling with bite alarms, no one choking on a bong at 3am in the morning. A new Redmire?

barbelboi

Reaction score
Small, Rotton punts, a boat house, willow trees, talk of uncaught monsters, no one fiddling with bite alarms, no one choking on a bong at 3am in the morning. A new Redmire?

[FONT=&quot]Don’t forget the dam.........................we’d need that to practice the Barnes Wallis cast.:eek:mg:[/FONT]