Beach Rod for Carp fishing?

crowdy1986

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a Carp rod but im going fishing with some mates this weekend and wanted to use more than one rod.

It may sound silly but could I use my two 12ft Fladen Powersticks (beach rods) for carp fishing?

Thanks! :)

crowdy1986

Reaction score
Thanks! The place i am going to is known for its carp upwards of 20-30lbs so The extra strength of the beach rods may help me anyway!

:thumbs:

chav professor

Reaction score
Mmmm. I used to fish sea league matches on the East coast. I had carp rods for fishing for bits close in for pout , dabs and whiting and they make super Bass rods. I never fancied taking a beach caster onto a lake.

I bet one of your mates has a spare you can borrow..... As Ray said, the carp won't mind, but IMO the beach rod is too heavier a stick. Have a look at Dragon Carp, they do rods rediculously cheap and they are more suited to the type of fishing you do. You can also take them on the beach and use them for Bassing!

Frank Elson

Reaction score
I wish someone could tell the eastern europeans who fish for barbel on the Ribble that beachcasters are not the thing.
I'm not brave enough to tell them.

chav professor

Reaction score
Eastern Europeans are told things regularly. I have a fond memory emptying a bucket of under size Bass and watching their dismay (I did tell them I was a wild life warden). Its just that we are soft as sh!te over here which makes me angry. Break even simple rules abroad and expect the book to be thrown at you. Over here, so long as you are not english, they get away with anything.....

Chatting to them is really the way forward and sharing our values. The only time they don't understand the 'lingo' is when they suspect they have been caught taking the p!ss:wh

But I am also happy to educate and share ideas.They are getting better - the ones that are making a go of it over here are fine. It was only really a problem when every tom **** and harry was working over here. Most went back home when the money ran out.

---------- Post added at 14:40 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

I wish someone could tell the eastern europeans who fish for barbel on the Ribble that beachcasters are not the thing.
I'm not brave enough to tell them.

I thought you Northeners were hard enough to tackle a few foreign fisherman.:beer: Or is that only after a few beers.......;):beer:

uscarper

Reaction score
one thing east europeans understand is money, if they were fined for every offense committed they would stop doing things they shouldnt. i know this as i am married to one..lol rules in there countrys are broken all the time, but when they hear they could be fined for these offenses here, under size fish, fishing in closed seasons andso on they immediately stop. and here in the states giving the warden 10 dollars to look the other way will get you another fine and jail time. in east europe this is done alot a few dollars and the police or fish and game wardens just go away.