Sab Attack

davestocker

Reaction score
As more details about the sab attack emerge (eg. the stabbing of an angler with a hypodermic needle), it could be helpful for people to write to the newspapers in Lancashire that may have reported the incident. Here are the email addresses for ?letters to the editor?

Westmorland Gazette - letters@kendal.newsquest.co.uk

Morecambe Visitor - visitor@lmnews.co.uk

Lancaster Guardian - guardian@lmnews.co.uk

Lancaster Citizen - phil.fleming@lancaster.newsquest.co.uk

Lancashire Evening Post - lepforum@lep.co.uk

Manchester Evening News - postbag@men-news.co.uk

North-West Enquirer - letters@nw-enquirer.co.uk

As ever, mark you email 'letter to the editor, for publication'. Include your contact details, but you can request anonymity or an assumed name (and you may wish to give your mobile number rather than your landline). It is quite legitimate for people living outside a newspaper's territory to have letters published, if they relate to matters of national interest ? like this incident.

On the other hand, you may wish to contact the the North West Hunt Saboteurs who were allegedly behind the attack. They can be contacted at; North West Hunt Saboteurs Association, P.O. Box 239, Manchester, M14 7XB, UK

Telephone - Mobile 07960 038230, or email them at info@nwhsa.org.uk

NB this latter information is in the public domain, having been taken from the sabs website.

Blunderer

Reaction score
Wouldn't you just love to get a big group of carp squaddies and go and disrupt one of their meetings?

A

Angler Saxon

The one thing these terrorists want above all else is publicity. Writing to local papers will just keep them in the public eye. I'm pretty disgusted at Angling Times for splashing the story all over the front cover, complete with a picture of a pretend sab. I know stories like this need to be printed but they don't need to be sensationalised. Maggie T had it right when, talking of the IRA, she said "Deprive them of the oxygen of publicity".
The more noise we make about this, the more they'll think they are hurting us.

John Wesley

Reaction score
look at the big picture Saxon, terrorists never win, as much as the ira killed and maimed in i dont know how many years the brits are still in ireland, as far as the sabs are concerned they have had there day with the fox hunting folk, now anglers are a differant kettle of fish excuse the pun. i think the angling times is right to cover the issue but i also think that we as a body should go national big time and get public support on our side. The whole thing with fox hunting was the sabs had class on there side with fishing its different, get the tabloid papers on our side and i guarantee public support will follow.

honslow

Reaction score
Don't think you'd feel the same if it was you on your local fishery Saxon!