So, where's the funny bit?

F

Fred Bonney

Kevin your right,the time is a coming and, it is a time I really look forward to.
What's the Ouse looking like,I'd be there or on the Tove, like a shot.?

All the rain we've had though,well at least up here, seems to have made little or no difference to the Trent.
Are you all still parched on the Upper reaches?
Time to get out on the little River Bain, I think.

But,I did look for the funny bit,all the way through,please give us advance warning, if your getting serious!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

After yesterdays little tete a tete about Roach fishing with Ron. And now this timely reminder, I can visualise those quite misty mornings on the canal, and the damp and dying leaves ready to fall at the merest breeze.

Two hours would be all the time needed. Yes, I think I shall once again be making for those long unfished gaps in the brambles. In the meantime a spot more Bream fishing on the Meres before the first frosts arrive.

The river banks have barely been graced by my size 11's this year. There will be time enough for that from late October onwards.
Roach on the cut one week, and chub and other species on the river the next.

Oh! and I almost forgot. A few visits with John Ledger to improve my stickfloat fishing. That sounds just about perfect to me.

F

Fred Bonney

Baz,he's not hooked you too,let him get to the bar first!

K

Kevin Perkins * * * * * * *

Fred

I will see if I can't pop over to Castlethorpe and give you a report on the Tove, on the way back I will look in on the home for tame but bewildered barbel, sorry, the Ouse, and see how that's looking after the recent (slight) rain

As for the 'not being funny' bit, that's why it's Alternative....!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Fred.
Leave me alone while I'm being good. (-;

Tony Stevens

Reaction score
Such an evocative article! Do I detect a touch of Bernard Venables talking?
What ever! this is the stuff of real fishing for real fish in a real river world.
Here in New Zealand I once again have a river at my doorstep, just 10 minutes away and for the bulk of my fishing it is just as described: A rod, reel (a pin mostly) a few floats a box of assorted shot, some hooks and some bait in the form of worms and bread all in an old creel that I can sit on at a pinch. Autumn or any other season it is sheer bliss.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Thats a pleasant change from your usually funny articles Kevin but it still makes excellent reading. Its a fact that we catch more fish in our dreams than we catch in reality but its nice to dream about the river so who cares, not me thats for sure. Reading about fishing is second best some say but one thing it does do is encourage you to get out there and catch those elusive dreams and articles like yours are nudge in the right direction.

shep

Reaction score
went lunceon meat trundling last fri had the most beautiful chub i have had for ages .i realy enjoyed it ,it beats sat waiting for the bite alarms //plus added bonus brambles equal blackberries blackberries equal WINE i love auturn