Eyemouth- watch your tackle

Nick Oliver

Reaction score
Not long returned from a ten day stay in S.E Scotland. Stayed at the Eyemouth holiday centre with our caravan. Late Wednesday night (23rd Aug) several caravans on the site were broken into, the culprit using the heavy rain and strong gusting winds to mask any sounds they made. We awoke next morning to find the thieving s*d's had stole my Mustad Rucksack, containg over ?500 of gear, including a new Daiwa slosh 30 multi and a vinyl wallet which belonged to my grandfather which also contained my un-hooking gear, along with my rod licence. The scum had tried to crawl under the van and losen the awning skirt, but failed so had opened the awning door by 2 ft and crawled in, closed the van's door and made off with my gear. Others on the site had fishing gear and rucksacks taken, either by the thieves cutting the plastic loops that the tent pegs pass through or by opening windows and reaching in, all while people slept.
I then found out that the site security had spent the evening in the bar, as he thought it was a quiet night, then to top that the security cameras on the site do not record images, so the scum walked out the site loaded with gear unchallenged !
The Police arrived quickly in the morning and caught the light fingered b*****d in the town when he tried to cash a ?100 note. Turned out to be a local smack head. When questioned he eventualy addmited to taking everything apart from my gear and a mobile phone, these he refused to comment on and so the Police could do nothing !
I understand he went before the courts and was sent down last Friday, still refusing to say what has happened to my gear, and it realy anoyed me that I had to badger the police for a crime number.
The caravan's insurance does not cover the awning!
So if anybody lives in the Eyemouth/ borders area and hears or see's of any sea gear going cheap, such as a Mustad rucksack, and a Daiwa slosh, please contact me by pm or better still contact Eyemouth Police, in particular I am after my grandads wallet, made from tan vinyl, as it has sentimental value and contains amongst other things his old fishing dairy and my fishing reel schematics, all of which are of little use to anybody.

Nick