New Idea (sort of invention!)

M

Michael Hall

I`m doing my GCSE's at the moment and for technology I am doing electronics and I came up with an Idea for a bite alarm. but for a feeder rod this includes a vibration sensor and an alarm circuit which I developed my self!! But I want to send it to some companies to see if they would be interested in buying the idea. Could anyone give me any addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or web address that anyone can give me. Its not complete but I know that the circuit works as I have simulated it on the computer. I have also got the lay outs of the circuit board ready! Can anyone help! this would also help in my course work as I need to promote my product!!

M

Michael Hall

the vibration sencor is connected to the rod tip by a clipping device

W

Wendy Perry

Michael have a look at most of the angling magazine there must be something in them or maybe click on the shimano link on the right hand side of this page and then email them with your invention and tell them to get in touch and also try some other big named tackle manufacturers.

just an idea :eek:)

M

Michael Hall

cheers. I`ve just send them an email so I`ll see what happens

W

Wendy Perry

no i am having a rest for a week doctors orders i am having an hip operation on 14th Dec so i have to take it easy now just fish once a week (that is just soooooo boring)
:eek:) what about you ?

P

peter webber

Wendy

Sounds like a good time to do some swoting up on rigs, baits etc if you are unable to go fishing.

Pete

W

Wendy Perry

yeah Pete thats what i've been doing and practising lots of knots as well but the more books i read th emore i wanna go fishing lol

K

Kevan Farmer

Michael. Be very, very careful about what you let out. 12 months time you could well see a familiar looking bite indicator...'yours' on the market but not much in the way of recognition. It does happen, companies are there to make money. But, by treading carefully you should be ok.

Best of luck.
Kevan

P

peter webber

Just think wendy by the time you get back out fishing after all this reading your doing you will have a whole load of new tricks and ideas to try out.

And by the time a fishin comes up you could be showing us lot how its done :)

Pete

S

Stuart Bullard

Michael, just to echo what Kevin says, be careful. Document EVERYTHING, including any discussions you have (i.e. minute them).

P

peter webber

If I remember right someone else posted on one of the BB's telling how he fell fowl to one of the tackle manufacture on a idea he had.

From what I can remember he sent in the details and after some time this company brought out this iterm with no credit to the person in any way.

As far as whats been said already, all very good advice and maybe try getting some legal advice to see how you would stand if they do try to cut you out on this.

Your idea sounds intresting and I hope you do well. Please keep us updated on your results.

Pete

W

Wendy Perry

if you could see what i am doing reading these books peter you'd be laughing at me i have my rod all set up in the living room trying all these different set ups and i've caught a dog a few times heheheeh

P

peter webber

Well thats another species to add to your list and one that most of us don't have lol

Pete

M

michael hall

Oh well I`ll go for you, but good luck with the hip operation

M

michael hall

Thanks guys
I find some legal advice and see what happens!

M

michael hall

I`ll go to my local citizans advice and see what they say then hopefully I`ll get some sort of copyright status on it! but thanks for the advice!!